Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jul 24, 2005, 6:30 AM   #1

You lot seem a knowledgeable bunch so I reckon I'm on to a winner here. I've recently bought the Casio Exilim Z57. Brilliant camera and easy to use. Huge LCD viewer. No viewfinder but no real problem. I'm puzzled as regards the loading of images. Once they're loaded into the library I can transfer them to My Docs and do what I want. Trouble is, I've got no way to back them up at the moment, so they stay on my cameras SSD. Whenever I want to load new images I find that all the images on the disc are tranferred again. This is obviously a pain. Is there anyway to select individual images and load them one at a time?
Nobby236 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 25, 2005, 5:12 AM   #2

When You connect Your camera to PC, cancel the transfer and go to My Computer->Removable device which appeared. Make a right click on it and select Properties->Autoplay. Here select Images and Open folder with Explorer and apply it- so You get a new Explorer window every time You connect Your camera. As of video and audio You can specify actions taken the same way, also as mixed content. As my Windoiws is not in English the labels may not be the exact ones by the idea may be clear I hope.

Best, JR

Reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 10:02 AM   #3

You should be able to see the photos as a USB device on your computer. They appear as an extra disk. Simply transfer the ones with the latest dates to your folders. I rename them in the camera at the time they are transferred. So all the ones starting with CIMG are new. Incidentally they still start their numbering at the next sequence. So if I have "f1420084.jpg" in the camera, next photo is CIMG0085.JPG etc. These are all controllable settings in the camera.
kcowan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 6:36 AM   #4

My thanks to both of you. Theinfo was on the button.Now I'll not need to use PhotoLoader anymore. Just have to get myself a DVDRW to back everything up.
Nobby236 is offline   Reply With Quote