Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jul 25, 2005, 5:16 PM   #1

I must say that right now I am Quite disapointed in the durability of the z750. Ive had for 6 weeks and the lcd broke last weekend. :sad:The camera suffered no major trama, it was in the softcase in my cargo pocket and when I opend the case the LCD was cracked. Now I find that LCD's are not waranty items and I'm looking at a ridiculous quote of over $250 from casio to fix it.

Anyone have any idea where I might be able to get it fixed a little cheaper? I would even be willing to tear into it myself if I could find a replacement LCD.

Any help on where I migh find cheaper service or a replacement LCD would be apreciated.:?
jhautz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 25, 2005, 6:42 PM   #2

do you think it's like the Canon issue, where the LCD just crack itself?
story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 25, 2005, 6:53 PM   #3

If you can get the part number for the lcd, maybe you can order a replacement (through another source) and either you yourself or a local repair shop can put it in. I would think that this would cost a lot less then the $250 repair cost estimate that you got from Casio. You could also wait until a broken z750 shows up on eBay. -at the rate that these cameras seem to be breaking, it shouldn't be that long of a wait either. :-)

On another note, would you mind me asking if you have the "Made in Japan", or "Made in China" version of the camera? (stated on the bottom of the camera) -I'm trying todetermine if the "problems" that these cameras seem to have are limited toone version. Thanks in advance.
Mariotoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2005, 11:54 AM   #4

Thanks for the input, I found a parts supplier in NJ that can get me a LCD for 140. and another repair shop listed on theCasio web site that estimated 175 plus shipping. If I replace it myself the 1 year warranty will be void, so I will probably go the 175 route with the authorized repair center and keep my warranty intact. Based on some of the other problems I am reading about here I think I will need the warranty and the extra 35 will be worth it in the long run.

As a side note. I did notice a VERY small black line in the LCD right out of the box. It was right where the large crack started. I didn't worry about it cuz it was small and it didn't effect anything. Now I am regreting that decision. My 14 day return policy at Best Buy ran out and Ive got a 6 week old camera that I'm gonna sink another 200 into before this is all over and just keep my fingers crossed that it doesn't happen again.

As far a Japan or China, I'm not sure. I'll look tonight when I get home and let you know.

Old Jul 27, 2005, 10:22 AM   #5

My camera with the cracked LCD was made in china. What is your tally so far on probelms with the z750's china vs japan?