Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jul 31, 2005, 12:47 AM   #1

I was thinking about getting one and wanted to hear some opinions from people who have the camera or just plain opinions before buying it. Thanks.
thegame45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 2, 2005, 9:14 AM   #2

I got it about a month ago, and am very satisfied. I recently also got the adapter and extra 1.5x telephoto lens......it is a very worthy accessory.

The only thing I could complain about, and its hardly a complaint,.....is that the battery kinda rattles around when you shake the camera.

This camera allows you full control of pretty much everything,....has an excellent graphic interface, a very good lens, excellent battery life......
The biggest selling point for me was that it takes SD cards (as do all exilim models). You can get these cards up to 2 gigs!, and I also use them in other devices, like my pocket pc.

Get this camera, It is an excellent point and shoot, and a very competative pro featured camera. Also make sure to get the faster speed SD cards so you can use the excellent multi shot features. I got the 512 Ultra II and it works very well.
doggod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 5, 2005, 10:17 PM   #3

Where did you get the adapter and lens, could you please post a link.

Thanks David
gussdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 9:30 AM   #4
djr

Given its basically the same as my P600 with an extra megapixel, I would say you will not be dia appointed at all. Theimages are very sharp, Canon have always had good lenses, the adaptability is very good from idiot proof point and shoot to full manual in a size that is small enough to make you want to take it with you.

The large rear screen makes it easy to work with and the image check that allows you to zoom in on a portion of the image, lets you know the image is sharp.

It takes an adaptor and canon lenses.
djr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2005, 3:49 PM   #5

I got the adapter and lens at Buy.com, you might also check Amazon prices.
The telephoto lens is a must! I was at a baseball game yesterday in the third level of sky boxes, and got some real nice close up action shots of players. This would not have happened without the telephoto, I was amazed at to how close I could get to home plate. The only problem is trying to hold the thing steady enough, but with a fast shudder speed it wasnt to much of a problem.
doggod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 9:57 AM   #6

I strongly discourage buying a EX-P700. The camera itself is slow (or maybe that's because Casio only gave us at tech support a referb model to play with). And focusing on it seems to be a hassle. Try the EX-Z750. Despite all the issues I've heard of from the internet, I've yet to run into any problems reguarding this camera unless ofcourse the person was using a High Speed memory card
CasioTechSupport4 is offline   Reply With Quote