Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Aug 6, 2005, 6:53 AM   #11

Don't forget that you can "crop" your image right in the camera. After you take the shot, push the green play button to view the image you want to crop, then press menu. Scroll down until you see "trimming" and push right on the Dpad to select it. Now use the zoom lever to zoom in on the part of the photo you want to keep. Press the "set" button and the camera will create a new photo of the area you selected (you will have to scroll left or right to see the new photo, the old one will still be displayed).

Hope that helps!
NewberryAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 9:15 AM   #12

Newberry, you blow me away with your skill of photo taking. How long did it take you to get that shot of the bee? Wow...
gjmoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 6, 2005, 9:51 AM   #13

Thanks GJ, not long at all really. I probably took shots for 5 minutes. The bees were pretty cooperative and slow. Shot in macro with flash, I just half pressed on the flower to focus, and waited on the bee to make its rounds.

I have a lot more shots in a folder here if you want to take a look. All taken with the Z750: http://www.filefarmer.com/Newberry/photos/

Attached Images

Old Aug 6, 2005, 11:37 PM   #14

Quote:
Are you using the macro focus? The focus mode is controlled by pushing on the top of the Direcional pad (D-pad is on the bottom right circle).
Focus distance at wide angle:
Auto focus: 10cm – infinity
Manual focus: 10cm – infinity
Macro focus: 10cm – infinity

Focus distance at full zoom:
Auto focus 50cm – infinity
Manual focus: 50cm – infinity
Macro focus: 50cm – infinity

As far as I can see the macro mode is something to add a little smoke to the fact that it doesn't have a real macro mode compared to most cameras. The salesman can show them the macro mode and they assume it is somehow significant.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2005, 12:18 AM   #15

hey finally some good help , thanks i just got back home and was still not very happy i will try these things u said i hope i can get those newberrry shots , i wish u would take a pic of a watch , i will demonstrate with my old camera what i want but more crisp that is why i bought this on

Attached Images

redbigjoe69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2005, 11:53 AM   #16

Slipe is right about the macro. I can only focus a tiny bit closer when macro is on.

Here is a comparison betwen my Minolta F200 4mp cam which has an undocumented "super macro" mode that will let you focus to around 2 inches, versus the Z750.

The minolta has a little more detail when cropped, and focus much closer, but the 750 does a better job of metering. These shots are of my very expensive Timex and taken in natural overcast light on my deck, handheld.

First full size images (reduced to 10 inches to fit the forum)
Attached Images

Old Aug 7, 2005, 11:54 AM   #17

F200 full sized (reduced to 12 inches)

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"That shot above should read 12 inches as well I think... either way it will show how close each cam can focus.
Attached Images

Old Aug 7, 2005, 11:54 AM   #18

Crops:

Attached Images

Old Aug 7, 2005, 11:55 AM   #19

Crops 2, notice the better metering on the 750:

Attached Images

Old Aug 7, 2005, 2:10 PM   #20

hello newberry i sent u a pm about the camera i hope u can help me out , what setting r those on snapshot or best shot mode and where can u see inches u describe?
redbigjoe69 is offline   Reply With Quote