Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Aug 7, 2005, 3:27 PM   #21

The setting I used on the 750 was in auto mode. I pressed up on the dpad until I got the flower icon (macro) then on the bottom of the dpad until I had no flash. The rest was just point and shoot.

There isn't a good way to set focus by distance on the 750 that I've found. It works great to just let the camera do the focusing. It rarely misses focus. Just keep moving in until it won't focus and backup a hair. You'll be at the closest macro distance.

If you need to use flash, I normally have to hit menu and set the flash do its lowest setting (-2) for closeups or it is too powerful. I usually use manual mode and keep increasing the shutter speed until I get the look I want.

HTH!
NewberryAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 7, 2005, 11:54 PM   #22

Quote:
Slipe is right about the macro. I can only focus a tiny bit closer when macro is on.
I can't focus any closer at all in macro. I ran some tests when I first got it and they were exactly the same. I just ran some quick tests with the new firmware and get the same results. Macro mode is just a placebo on my camera.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 12:25 AM   #23

hello i wanted to show u guys some pics that came out better with your help but i can put them here they say the image is too big how can i fix this please?
redbigjoe69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 9:09 AM   #24

slipe wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Slipe is right about the macro. I can only focus a tiny bit closer when macro is on.
I can't focus any closer at all in macro. I ran some tests when I first got it and they were exactly the same. I just ran some quick tests with the new firmware and get the same results. Macro mode is just a placebo on my camera.

I haven't tried it with a tripod, but just from using handheld I thought there was a tiny difference, but not enough to call it a different "mode". Perhaps the only difference is that it seems to turn off the focus assist lamp (don't know why that would be good) and it attempts to throttle down the flash (I still usually have to shoot manually with the flash in macro to keep the shots well exposed)

redbigjoe, I usually resize my photos in Photoshop, but if you don't have an editor, you can use the "resize" option right in your camera. Just view the photo you want to resize, press menu and scroll down to "resize", push the Dpad right, and select 640X480, then push set. The camera will make a copy of the original fileat the new size. Now just download itto your computer and it should fit here in the forum. I look forward to seeing one of you watch shots.
NewberryAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 8, 2005, 11:19 PM   #25

what if i take the picture in that size format will the picture look better that way or taking it with full mps used and tehn doing like u say down size it , i guess what i am asking is the picture quality i am wanting going to be better using the smaller one or the larger setting of mps
Old Aug 10, 2005, 7:47 AM   #26

hello newberry im still waiting for those tips my friend , i got your one pm and never heard back from u , thanks