Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Aug 9, 2005, 1:14 PM   #1

I'm thinking of buying an EX-Z750, but was a little worried about the reports of the camera inadvertently turning on while in your pocket. It's not hard to imagine the lens getting damaged that way. Is there a mode in which the lens doesn't open up if the on/off switch is activated? Voice recording mode, maybe? Thanks.
Eagles5464 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2005, 2:48 PM   #2

i would like to know the answer to this one, i just got me one and it is a nice little camera especially after i learned how to get it to focus properly i love it now and i havent had any mechanical problems yet but i only have had a about8 days so far and i took it around this weekend at a wedding and it did a great job , i can see any of them getting turned on if u press the button by accident i guess
redbigjoe69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 3:30 PM   #3

With the mode dial in the audio record the lens will not extend if it is accidentally turned on. Many owners carry it that way.

It is fairly easy to switch it back as snapshot mode is the only one in red. You also find you tend to use the audio recording for reminders more if it is already in that mode. But it is still more nuisance than it should be.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 3:32 PM   #4

Hi, welcome to forum

As I own my Z750 from April 2005 and have taken 4000+ shots/videos with it and have seen this "Lens Error" several times- and every time I myself was guilty of it- but luckily enough...

My best recommendation is to:

1. Disable this silly Play/Record power on option;
2. And the must- a normal case for camera- if You use Casio type one, You can even skip the first recommendation if You wish. My Z750 is comfortabely seated in Canon SD-500/Digital Ixus 700 original case- a bit thicher than needed but I use a custom LCD shader for sunny days and a plastic ring around the on button- IMHO it is too high from camera- my Peantax Optio S :roll: has a better solution for accidental switch-ons: never happened in 2.5 years...

Best, JR

Reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2005, 7:42 PM   #5

nice tip slipe , thanks bro now i can not worry about that problem lol
redbigjoe69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 6:50 AM   #6

My Z750's On button hasn't been turned on while in my pocket's...no worries.
Torben Scharling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2005, 7:10 AM   #7

I always thought the lens error was actually a safety measure the cam does when something obstructs the lense. My cam has switched on in my pocket about 3 times since I had it but the lens usually retracts back in the cam like it's supposed to and no harm done. I don't worry about it and it still has worked normally for me up until now. I still carry it in my jeans pocket. I really don't see what all the fuss is about. The only thing I worry about nowdays is needing to better protect the display because I sometimes catch myself shoveling pocket change in the pocket with the cam! It's really so light and thin that many times I forget it's there. But I found recently Radio Shack sells the LCD display cover stuff for under $7 here in the USA, so I will try that soon.
buddy1065 is offline   Reply With Quote