Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Aug 11, 2005, 12:49 AM   #1

How do u put the camera in manual mode so i can set the apenture to f 22 and the shutter speed to slow mode , thanks i was told by a camera guy i could get better pics of my watches by doing this any help is apprecitated :|
redbigjoe69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 11, 2005, 7:16 AM   #2

Hello RBJ,

Unfortunately the 750 doesn't have much of an aperture choice in manual mode, so you'll be stuck at either F2.8 or F4.0. The larger (2.8) will let in more light, and have less depth of field and the smaller will will be just the opposite.

I would try using manual mode (M on the dial). Press set until the top group is highlighted (the top text in the right group will be either S, A, or M for Shutter priority to set the shutter and let the cam choose the Aperture, A to set the Aperture and let the cam pick the shutter, or Mto set both youself. Set it to M.

Hit Set again and it will drop down to theShutter then Aperturevalues. You will probably need to play with the shutter to get the results you want (depending on how much light you have). Set your Aperture to 4.0, and start out with the shutter at 1/100 or so.

Take a shot and see what it looks like. You'll need to be steady, or use a tripod for the slower shutter speeds. If its too dark, use a slower speed (larger bottom number). Too bright and increase the speed. You should find one that works great.

You can also play around with the EV compensation. Hit menu, then left or right until you are in teh "quality" tab. Go down to " EV shift" A higher shift (+2) will give you a brighter picture, and let you shoot with a faster shutter speed, lower is just the opposite.

Let use see some results!

NewberryAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2005, 4:47 AM   #3

thanks new berry , i guess i was not cut out for photography or i just bought the wrong camera lol i did all u said which by the way great instructions but any thing i did came out real dark , the best ones i can get r using best shot mode, no flash put some sunlight bulbs on the watches with like a canopy made out of white nylon or rayon fabric and shoot on a tripod like that but i cant zoom or it is blurry so i have to do as u said take the pic while it is small and then use the trimming function to zoom it in and then set it like that , but now i cant show u the result cause the pics r already saved in computer and deleted from the camera but i used max in size mp and cant put the results here to show u and then maybe u could see what u have created lol
redbigjoe69 is offline   Reply With Quote