Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Aug 16, 2005, 10:01 AM   #1

as above, as this is a relatively new camera. does it share the same case as what the older exilims are using? thanks
Rocky99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 20, 2005, 11:11 AM   #2

Unfortunately this camera isn't the exact same size as the older Exilim cameras. I would check back with Casio.com periodically to see if one becomes available.
CasioTechSupport4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 12:57 PM   #3

thanks. i'll keep a lookout too.
Rocky99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 26, 2005, 12:55 PM   #4

Good news! According to Casio Japan, a waterproof case for the Z750 is at least manufactured, but I'm sure you'll have to wait a bit for it to hit the States, IF it ever does.
http://dc.casio.jp/product/exilim/option/option.html

Model EWC-40

Now...I just got my S500, having owend the Z-750 before, and I love it! It's so cool!

I was also able to successully put a Divx movie on my card and it plays awesome!!
I know it may fall short on some features, but for the gadgetness of it, I am willing to sacrifice. I just wanted a p&s camera so that I never miss a moment. For better pictures, I'll use my SLR.
I'm sure they'll make the S500 in higher MP and improve on things like lens and whatever, but for now, it's perfect for me.

I had to get rid of my Z-750. After a couple months, all of a sudden pictures were overexposed and had these strange horizontal lines / bands all across the picture. So far, I have not seen anyone else mention this problem. By the way, the video part still worked fine. I messed with all settings, and no help.
Strange problem indeed.

So I just thought I'd post that link. Now if they would only make one for the S500!

lingsao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 3, 2005, 4:58 PM   #5

Unfortunately the Options link from each camera product page goes to this same generic options page, which may give the misleading impression that the underwater housings fit the Z750. But the EWC-55 and EWC-40 are for the older cameras.
wwu123 is offline   Reply With Quote