Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Aug 16, 2005, 8:33 PM   #1

i went to casio and am going by the steps they say , i download it and then i place camera on the usb and turn that on and it doesnt go to the screen they say it will beside dcim folder , please help i heard that this is a great thing to do to my camera i checked mine is the 1.00 version , and i heard the 1.01 will correct many things with my camera with no cons to it
redbigjoe69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 17, 2005, 2:51 AM   #2

Simply copy the .bin file to Your card root directory (the place where You see the DCIM folder), then remove the camera from dock and power it up holding the Menu button at the same time. Camera checks the upgrade and if the file is OK then asks if You want to upgrade. So simple it is, can not see what Your problem is.

Best, JR

Reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2005, 4:34 AM   #3

i guess i dont know how to copy it to the camera , i download it and then it puts it on my desktop , theni put camera in the dock station , then it says waht do u want window to do and there is no copy section only for picutures so that is where i cant figure out how to copy it to the camera , please give me a more detailed info.
redbigjoe69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 20, 2005, 11:06 AM   #4

What you want to do is take the .bin file that you've downloaded, right click on it and goto copy. Once you've done this connect the camera and turn the USB connection on. From here ignor any questions XP or other software might ask you about doing something with the contents of the camera. From here go to My Computer and enter the removeable disk drive. Once here you'll see a folder called DCIM. Paste the .bin file right next to that folder. After this is done disconnect the camera from the computer. Next hold down the menu button and turn the power on. A conformation of upgrading the camera will appear. Go ahead and comply with that. Once you've done that power the camera off, put it back on the cradle and connect it to the computer once again. Go back to the removeable drive and remove the .bin file. You should be all set! If that doesn't work for you email me back and i'll try to help you out more!
CasioTechSupport4 is offline   Reply With Quote