Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Aug 17, 2005, 5:13 AM   #1

ok here goes , first of all im not very knowledgeable with computers,here is my problem , ok first i download it from the casio site,then casio say copy it to my camera and to put the camera in the dock station and press the usb /computer transfer,well a window pops up and ask what would i like windows to do?but i see no where it says copy to my camera or memory card to my camera, i mean i see copy picture, edit and open files and take no action , so i open files (seems logical , right?) well then all i see is a file that say dcim , so can u help me in details copy the firmware file to my camera and or its memory card, so then i can choose to upgrade it in my camera by holding the power/menu at the same time, please give me plain english in detailed info. cause i am no computer wiz and dont speak the language either lol thanks in advance for your help
redbigjoe69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 17, 2005, 6:56 AM   #2

If you just left click or left double click the EX750 101.exe file you downloaded it will put it on the camera for you. It even knew what drive letter the camera was on, so I just had to OK it.

I put this on another board just after I had done it:

Put the camera in the cradle and hit the connect button on the cradle.
Left click the EXE file from the download.
Send the decompressed file to the drive letter that is your camera.
Remove the camera from the cradle and hold the menu button while turning it on.
Select "Yes" and hit the set button.
After it says it is complete, turn the camera off and return it to the cradle.
Hit the connect button and delete the bin file that was created.
Remove the camera and hold the menu button while turning it on. It should read 1.01.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2005, 7:20 AM   #3

thanks slipe i got it all done just like u said , now one more question, what do i do to use this updated version that i couldnt do without it , just curious , where r the improvments mostly , focusing or zooming or what ? lol
redbigjoe69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2005, 7:45 AM   #4

The only real difference I see is that it removed the whine in the movies and reduced the default saturation, sharpening and contrast a little. It fixed something to do with rotating the image for viewing, but I just turn the camera anyway.

Some people say it helps with focus problems they had, but I haven't had real focus problems as long as I wait for the green light to confirm focus. I have quick shutter turned off, but you can still force the picture to fire before it is focused sometimes.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 18, 2005, 7:11 AM   #5

Also I notice when I turn on the cam it uses PN (pan focus) instead of auto focus. I think it used auto focus before the update but not sure. Auto was a pain because it wa noisy and continually adjusting focus during movie shots.
buddy1065 is offline   Reply With Quote