Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Aug 19, 2005, 8:34 AM   #1

My Casio Z750 arrived today and it is amazing, however by the looks of it there a few brown coloured dust particles sitting on the LCD screen (under the see through plastic cover). They aren't a major annoyance but being the perfectionist I am I am planning to try and take off the back and give the window inside a wipe with a lense cloth.

Has anyone taken apart a Casio before?
How risky is it?
Any advice?

I need to pick up a watchmaker's 'X' type screwdriver as the one I have is slightly too big.

Also I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has had this problem. At first I thought about 5 pixels were malfunctioning slightly, but when the camera is switched off you can still see them, quite clearly when tilting the screen at an angle.

Cheers.

P.S. if anyone is interested, here's a basic tutorial for doing this with a digital SLR camera:
http://www.camerashed.co.uk/project10.asp
spacedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 21, 2005, 9:59 AM   #2

you shouldent do that yourself... the warranty is void if you do..

it isent that hard to disassemble theCASIO z750 ive done it a "million" times (or any other CASIO Camera for that matter) but if you dont give aShit about warranty then there is 6 skrews you need to remove. and a smal connector inside (for the dial). but that connector is easy to brake. so watch out :-)
entropy1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 1:56 PM   #3

Anyone else done this?

entropy1973 wrote:
Quote:

it isent that hard to disassemble theCASIO z750 ive done it a "million" times (or any other CASIO Camera for that matter) but if you dont give aShit about warranty then there is 6 skrews you need to remove. and a smal connector inside (for the dial). but that connector is easy to brake. so watch out :-)
How can they tell you've opened it unless you bugger it up?
spacedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 2:02 PM   #4

spacedz wrote:
Quote:
Anyone else done this?

entropy1973 wrote:
Quote:

How can they tell you've opened it unless you bugger it up?

I'm not sure if this is the case with Casio Cameras, but with things like PlayStations and other electronics devices, there is a sticker that gets torn. If the sticker is tampered with in anyway, they warrenty is void.
Specter is offline   Reply With Quote