Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Aug 20, 2005, 10:35 PM   #1

I just got the EX-Z750 for my birthday last week, and after reading some things on here, I think that it was a returned camera. The box did not have any plastic on it, and I don't really remember taking stickers off of the front. I just went on a trip to Orlando, FL and I was having trouble taking pictures right at start up, I would have to press the shutter down 3 times sometimes before it would take a pic. My mom bought me this from an online retailer, but I have the receipt and it has a 21 day return/exchange period (I think, don't have info with me) But PLEASE let me know if it comes shrink wrapped, it will help with my decision to send it back thanks!
bailxexb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 21, 2005, 8:08 AM   #2

When I bought my EX-Z40 from Circuit City I wasn't shrink wrapped. But where was the camera purchased at? I've noticed you really need to becareful at stores you purchase the cameras at. Stick with Circuit City or major electronics stores.
CasioTechSupport4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 9:25 AM   #3

I got mine from camerabox.co.uk and it wasn't shrink wrapped.
spacedz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 11:58 AM   #4

I got mine at Futureshop, big retail chain in Canada. No Shirkwrap
story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 1:38 PM   #5

I bought mine from newegg.com it had no shrink wrap, it also didn't have the stickers on the camera, like I seen in other post here, but all the pieces were sealed in plastic wrap. my concern is weather the sticker should have been on the camera, and the thought that mine may have been a return. So has any other owners camera come with the stickers on the camera. Thanks David

No problems so far with the camera, except for getting the video for the camera to a program on the PC to view.
gussdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 21, 2005, 1:42 PM   #6

Yeah my Z40 didn't have the stickers on it and I bought it from Circuit City.

The videos actually have high requirements to run. Make sure you have Direct X 9.0c and Media Player 9.0 or higher. Also playback can also depend on the video card you have on the computer. Atleast have 256MB of on board RAM for the video card.
CasioTechSupport4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 23, 2005, 9:29 PM   #7

I don't think that any of them come shrinkwrapped. One sure-fire way to know whether one of these has been used before is if it asks youto set the language, date, etc.after you charge the battery for the first time. If these settings have already been entered into the camera, then you got yourself a used model.
Mariotoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2005, 9:02 AM   #8

gussdog wrote:
Quote:
I bought mine from newegg.com it had no shrink wrap, it also didn't have the stickers on the camera, like I seen in other post here, but all the pieces were sealed in plastic wrap. my concern is weather the sticker should have been on the camera, and the thought that mine may have been a return. So has any other owners camera come with the stickers on the camera. Thanks David

No problems so far with the camera, except for getting the video for the camera to a program on the PC to view.
Did you cheack for dead CCDs, or lens issues? I went through about 6 cameras to find one with acceptable CCD and lens performance. And even then I still couldn't find one with both being perfect.
Trenton_net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 25, 2005, 9:30 AM   #9
EDD

Trenton_net wrote:
Quote:
gussdog wrote:
Quote:

Did you cheack for dead CCDs, or lens issues? I went through about 6 cameras to find one with acceptable CCD and lens performance. And even then I still couldn't find one with both being perfect.
What method do you use to check for dead CCD pixels?
EDD is offline   Reply With Quote