Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Sep 2, 2005, 11:47 AM   #1

Hey guys,

Having watched people struggle to get movies off their cameras and into another format (which so far, I've had no trouble with), I would very much like to do the opposite. I would love to be able to transcode a divx movie or tvshow and load it onto the camera.

Has anyone done this? I've been trying to get Virtualdub to be able to encode to the proper codec, not a lot of luck so far, and even if I get it to work, I'm not sure about sound or resolution.

Anyone?

Thanks!
desikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 2, 2005, 12:15 PM   #2

Quote:
Rather easy and simple- only 4 things to be considered: 1. Use DiVX Handheld profile (max. 768 kbps)- so resulting ca. 7MB/min and you can watch ca. 2 hour movie from 1GB card- get video/audio adapter+headphones- works OK; 2. Resize original to 640*480; 3. use IMA ADPCM codec 0x11 (17) at 22KB/s and 44100Hz mono; 4. convert to 29.97 fps (maybe not necessary, just testing). Z750 accepts both DiVX and XViD FourCC-s so no need for AviC tampering. Videoprocessing You use- any You like (Virtualdub, Videocharger, whatever...) PS. tried a movie to 2GB card at 1500 kbps- looked great even on big TV- so really small videoplayer for MPEG-4! - sorry I was a little bit erraneous here: no 29.97 fps needed, just preserve Your video fps, works OK and even better on big screen- so Casio is not limited by playback file fps- all from 23 to 30 worked OK. Best, JR
I found this buried in another topic, but could someone elaborate a little more for me? Thanks.
Old Sep 2, 2005, 1:13 PM   #3

I tried different setting in DivX and this work for me

First, don't use any of the profile setting. Then in MPEG4 TOOLS, make sure Bidirectional encoding is OFF; uncheck bothUse Quarter Pixel and Use GMC. Then on Interlacing, chooseDe-interlace source.

You can use 300kbs to 500kbs.

This above is only for Video.
story is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 2, 2005, 1:47 PM   #4

Thanks, I'm starting to get somewhere now (the video at least shows up on the camera).

I think its just a matter now of playing around with it and trying different settings, etc..