Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Sep 4, 2005, 8:00 AM   #1

i was wondering is anyone have issues with dark pictures? i notice most of my pictures with people in a shade in bright daylightand everything under the shade is darker then it should be. i would have to go into photoshop and adjust the level up to 1.5 or 2.0 but by it makes the person and the shaded area look more natural but all the colors on the picture look brighter which i dont want it to be.
anekin007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 6, 2005, 5:48 PM   #2

I assume you are aware that dark shadows are a real challenge with any camera for photos of people and that the little flash in this camera is not going toprovidesufficient fillfor a group 10 or 12 feet away. If you could post a sample picture,we would be a lot easier to judge whether or notwe have had the same problem. Overallwe are very impressedwith the results ofthe Z750.
ArchP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2005, 5:13 AM   #3

forgot to follow up on my post.. been busy. here some pictures i just took right now. its in my apt with a fairly good lite up room.

1st picture -taken with the snapshot. check out the properties with the setting that auto uses. it looks way too dark then it should be if u were in the room.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/44972682/

2nd picture -taken with snapshot and the flash on. i dont really like takin pictures with flash it kind messes up the picture.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/44972683/

3rd picture - my manual setting which i normally used when there is not too bright and not too dark. i use the lowest aperture and most of the time i use from 0.8" to 1.3" but from the different pictures. the 1" looks more like how my eyes see it.. from the colors of the flowers to the florecent lights shinning on the walls.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/44972684/

i will take some day time outdoors picture.. but the results will almost be the same as in this example. anyone have ideas what is wrong? should i send it in?
Old Oct 2, 2005, 4:53 AM   #4

anyone got any comments? been really busy so i really havent been going out and taking pictures but can anyone tell me anything about the pictures i already provided.. i would like to return it if it is something really wrong. man i wish canon would have manual settings on their compact cameras.. seems like casio is the only company that is doing it.