Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Sep 6, 2005, 11:47 AM   #1

I heard that this is possible....

someone please explain how I can watch my divx files (currently on my computer), on the Ex-S500?
untitled is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 6, 2005, 12:05 PM   #2

here is the link:

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...highlight=divx

i havn't try it tho, tell me if it works in s500.
kwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 4:18 PM   #3

alright, it works on my S500

i used virtualdub

click "video", then "filters", then "add", then enter either 320 x 240 or 640 x 480. i found that 320 x 240 works best.

click "video", then "compression", click "DivXR 6.0 Codec", then click "configure", choose "portable profile" and "1-pass", click the "Codec" tap, then Bidirectional "off"

click "audio", check "full processing mode", then "compression", pick "IMA ADPCM" "44.100kHz, 4 bit, mono", if you dont' see that check "show all formats"

click "file", then "save processing settings" to save these settings to a file

open your mpeg, avi file, then "file", "save as avi " DONE

just click "load processing settings" to load your file settings next time, so you don't have to set it up everytime

it's very easy to convert after you have this setting file. just load the file, open movie and save as avi:lol:
kwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 9:40 PM   #4

hi kwan with the settings youve mention above how big would a movie become after conversion
q1tcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 11:47 PM   #5

Thanks Kwan, it works on my Z750 as well, now I can watch Gundam on the move!! Ha Ha. Cheers.

The file size for about 25minutes video is roughly 180MB (the program can't convert my audio to '44.100kHz, 4 bit, mono', it forces me to '48KHz, 4bit, stereo', so the file size should be bigger..)
Brainstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 20, 2005, 11:42 PM   #6

Thanks Brainstorm forforwardingme to this forum topic.

I downloaded the VirtualDub 1.6.11 (build 23774) and tried following the steps mentioned by kwan. WhenI try clicking the Video-Filter-Add, I canseemany optionssuch as 2:1 reduction (high quality), 2:1 reduction, blur more..etc, but not anything like "enter either 320 x 240 or 640 x 480. i found that 320 x 240 works best" mentioned by kwan. Am I using a different version of VirtualDub? Also in the Video-Compression, I don't see the DivXR 6.0 Codec, where can I find this codec?
shengyuen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2005, 2:05 AM   #7

Ops, I managed to get it working already! Thanks to all the tips given..this forum is cool.. =)

Anyway, theres another thing, is there any way to hide the menu during video playback on the EX-Z750? It'll be perfect if theres a way..
Old Dec 21, 2005, 2:39 AM   #8

Silly me, never thought of pressing the Display button to turn off the menu! LOL..anyway, now I can watch movie with my camera! Thanx again to everyone who share all these good stuffs with us..
Old Dec 22, 2005, 5:45 PM   #9

"DivXR 6.0 Codec", i cant find this codec on my option...where can i get this?...

pls help...
siapelbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2005, 6:07 PM   #10

i cant find this part of instructions....

click "video", then "compression", click "DivXR 6.0 Codec", then click "configure", choose "portable profile" and "1-pass", click the "Codec" tap, then Bidirectional "off"

click "audio", check "full processing mode", then "compression", pick "IMA ADPCM" "44.100kHz, 4 bit, mono", if you dont' see that check "show all formats"

pls...
siapelbo is offline   Reply With Quote