Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Sep 10, 2005, 11:57 PM   #1
spf

Can someone please tell me how to view my z750 movies on my dvd player? I am not interested in editing them at this point, just viewing them. I'v read several forums, etc about mpeg4 and the z750's particular codec that Casio uses, but now I have too much information and am getting overwhelmed.:sad:

I've read about coverting .avi to other formats, encoding, decoding, mp4cam2avi, ulead videostudio 8, divx, xvid, and a host of other programs. I can view the movies just fine on my laptop, but I would like to put these onto a cd or dvd for storing and viewing later on my dvd player/recorder. (I know that I can view them on my tv through the camera's cradle.)

My dvd player is a GoVideo model VR3845 from Costco. It is a dvd recorder with vhs, also.
The manual says it can play mp3, wma, jpg, and "dvd's, cd's" but says nothing about mpeg4, divx, xvid, etc. I have yet to call GoVideo to get more specifics. I have a Windows XP laptop.

I've read the discussion in this forum between "aries" and "funtastik" but am still not sure how to proceed. Any suggestions would be welcome, with my thanks!
spf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 11, 2005, 7:51 AM   #2

Very unlikely that your DVD can play MPEG4
ahdummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2005, 9:14 AM   #3
spf

Yes, my dvd player prob. cannot play mpeg4, but can I convert my z750 .avi mpeg4 files to mp3, mp2, or another format that my player will recognize?
Old Sep 12, 2005, 11:34 AM   #4

Have you tried Nero Vision Express 3/Nero Recorde2? I have just made some DVD movie files (.vob files) using Z750's AVI files using Vision Express 3 as a test , preliminary to creating a DVD disc using Z750's video files.It is on my HDD. Though I haven't created a DVD disc yet, because the created files are very small (800MB) compared to the size of a DVD disc, I am saving the files to write later to the DVD disc. I think it ought to work on a DVD player. I don't know about your particular player. sorry.
Pamo27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 12, 2005, 4:40 PM   #5
spf

I'll check out Nero, thanks!