Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Sep 29, 2005, 6:54 AM   #1

I got my Z750 2 days ago, and it seems when i play back the videos (straight from the camera AND after i have copied them to the hard-drive) the sound starts too late or stutters, so the audio ends up finishing before the video does. I am using Windows Media Player and it does not do this with any other of my other videos, just the ones taken with Z750, does anyone have any ideas, or a better movie player to use instead, if the problem is not fixable?

PS. My PC is pretty recent, running windows XP, and as I said, not experiencing out of sync playback with any other videos, just the ones from Z750, any help would b appreciated, thanks!
Deanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 29, 2005, 6:58 AM   #2

Problem lies in Windows Media player- incompatible codec set used. Try any other media player available for download- all plays OK. So- no problem with camera

Best, JR

Reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 9:42 AM   #3

look for a freeware player called "Media Player Classic". That should have what you need to view your movies, and it has no bloat either.
VAtechtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2005, 9:44 AM   #4

actually, here you go you lazy bastard

http://www.divx-digest.com/software/...r_classic.html

VAtechtigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2005, 12:58 PM   #5

I have the same problem, tried a number of codecs like ffshow, media player codec, divx, etc, etc, but still the same. Other types of avi, mpg files play are ok, only the Casio video... Have tried Media player 10, Nero showtime, Classic Media player, but still the same problem. But when I use Nero Vision to convert it to Mpeg2 file, the A/V syn problem was resolved, it played ok in mpeg2 format, don't know why...

Anyway,I later tried using VLC player. It played the Casio files very well, no more A/V syn problem.:lol:However the rest of the players(Mediaplayer, Showtime, Classic)still remains out of syn, don't know why.... ha ha ha.

Thought is my PC CPU slow, only PIII 1GHz..... but VLC solve my problem. he he. Cheers. ;-p
Brainstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2005, 8:26 PM   #6

I've been using BSPlayer, however it only works well if my PC is running absolutely nothing else,or it lags up just as much as Media Player. I've got a question tho, how do I now get my movies to open with BSPplayer at default?
Deanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 16, 2005, 6:27 AM   #7

Maybe you should try VLC player, no lag even when my PC is running other program. Ha Ha. Not sure what other player program is good...

Anyway to choose the default player program for .avi files,

1) just right click on any of the .avi file

2) select 'properties', then you will see 'open with', click the 'change'

3) choose the program you want to open.avi files,

4) also click the box below to always open .avi files by default with this program.

You are done. Cheers.
Old Oct 22, 2005, 8:03 AM   #8

Hey guys ! i'm new in the forums

Got my z750 3 days ago , been making mostly video with it and after i loaded it on the PC they were all laggy , i got so pissed but then again who wouldent .

so came here and found out that only VLC player can play the movies correctly ,

so i am guessing this is a BIG thanks !

You just saved the local guy at Best Buy a world of hurt :|
uzi4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2005, 10:58 AM   #9

I'm glad that it helps.Casio should thank the programmer of VLC player! He He.
Old Oct 28, 2005, 11:22 PM   #10

I just received my EX-Z750 today from Newegg.com. I've already captured a couple movies and had no problem playing them back on my PC. I'm running WinXP Pro SP2 with DirectX 9.0c loaded. Movies played back fine in both Windows Media Player 10 and in ACDSee 7.0.
JethroXP is offline   Reply With Quote