Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Oct 2, 2005, 2:20 PM   #1

Canexperienced owners of this camera please post there setting they use for both outdoors and indoor flash shots , my wifes P 600 seems to produce cool results , in particular iso /exposure/ and white balance, also it shows there are three settings for sharpness saturation and contrast not used these yet ,perhaps these might warm the shots up ? any advice we would be most thankfull , at the moment she is using the camera in both aperture and shutter mode , great results but cold /cool colour thank you .
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 3, 2005, 12:08 PM   #2

rodo wrote:
Quote:
Canexperienced owners of this camera please post there setting they use for both outdoors and indoor flash shots , my wifes P 600 seems to produce cool results , in particular iso /exposure/ and white balance, also it shows there are three settings for sharpness saturation and contrast not used these yet ,perhaps these might warm the shots up ? any advice we would be most thankfull , at the moment she is using the camera in both aperture and shutter mode , great results but cold /cool colour thank you .
NO ONE GOT ONE OR HAS INFO ?:roll:
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2005, 3:35 PM   #3

I am not an experienced photographer, but have used the P600 for over nine months. It was my first digital camera, so we compared the auto mode with our faithful Panasonic point and shoot film camera. The only change to standard settings was Saturation from Normal to High. This gave very similar results for both cameras for outdoor pictures with good lighting on 6 x 4 prints.

I agree that flash photos do look a little cool, but prefer to take indoor pictures without flash when ever possible.

Although I have experimented with virtually every feature of the P600 (including slave flash, wide angle and tele converter lenses), the vast majority of pictures have been taken successfully with the auto mode. Focusing and exposure have been spot on - the only small negatives are the camera thickness and comparatively poor movie mode (I am awaiting delivery of the Casio EX-S500 and hope that the picture quality will not be too inferior to the P600!).

1eyedeer is offline   Reply With Quote