Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Oct 3, 2005, 5:58 PM   #11

amazing pictures artshot.. were any of those pictures used with filters? did u use the preset camera settings?
anekin007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2005, 8:34 PM   #12

anekin007 wrote:
Quote:
amazing pictures artshot.. were any of those pictures used with filters? did u use the preset camera settings?
Thanks

The majority were taken using just the snapshot mode. After the photo of the homemade adapter, you will see a series of the same view shot with the camera at full wide, full zoom, and then with a B-300 tele lens and a wideangle lens. The insects were taken with macro filters. The sunflower shots had no added filters. The camera does not have the ability to take close macros on it's own, but you can crop quite a bit due to the high number of pixels. I did use the bestshot pet mode to try to capture action on the bug shots, but for the most part I just used the snapshot mode and it will even choose macro for you when you get close enough. The white balance and exposures the camera chooses are usually perfect and need very little post processing.

All were taken at the highest resolution.

Sue
artshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 3, 2005, 10:57 PM   #13

Here is a macro taken with the Z750 using the "Best Picture" "Macro" settings. http://img351.imageshack.us/img351/834/quarter3ra.jpg
It is actually reduced quality from the original because I was going to post it in another thread in this forum. I linked to it there instead as well. It was taken using the built-in flash. The only tricky thing I did was hold a milky white translucent kitchen container against the flash to cut down on the reflection.
AtenSpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 8:13 AM   #14

Very Impressive!!!! About what percentage is that cropped from the original? I tried the bestshot macro once, and had a little trouble focusing, so I went back to snapshot and just set the camera focus range in macro. I suppose it's time to give that bestsshot setting a whorl again, now that I've seen your results. I've only had my camera about a month, so I know I've hardly scratched the surface of what it's capable of. I knew the specs said that that the closest focus was 10cm, but I had a heck of a time getting that close even when set to macro.

Thanks for sharing that great pic!

Sue
artshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 5, 2005, 9:30 PM   #15

My Z750 works Great!

JohnnyJT :-)

South Philly
johnnyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2005, 10:14 PM   #16

Sorry I didn't get back – lost track of the thread. I think the photo quality is excellent. You have to compare full sized photos at 100% to get a good idea of the resolution. Most camera images look fine at 600 X 800.

This is a picture with a small crop from the center. The crop is less than 5% of the original. You can see that the resolution is very good and that purple fringing is under control with the backlit trees.

This is dpreview's resolution tests. It has a very good lens but nobody seems to know who makes it.

Someone asked about corner sharpness and I posted this in a previous thread. I happened to have a shot with houses in the corner and cropped out a tiny part and blew it up. I think the crop is around 1% of the original. Corner sharpness is good for a pocket camera. At this extreme blowup you can see some purple fringing, but it isn't bad for the corner of a pocket camera. You don't see much purple fringing in normal photos unless you blow it up to where the pixels are almost visible.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 12:30 AM   #17

artshot wrote:
Quote:
Very Impressive!!!! About what percentage is that cropped from the original?
Sorry it took me so long to reply. I thought I had lost the original but I just came across it. The macro of the quarteris a 14% crop from the original.
AtenSpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 9, 2005, 9:40 PM   #18

sammynyc wrote:
Quote:
Hello fellow members;

I hope everyone is having a great weekend. I want to say that I have a friend that purchased a Casio Z750 and it was defective. He returned it to the store and the second one was defective also! He kept getting the dreaded "Lens Error" message and the camera refused to work.

He finally decided to get his money back and will buy a different camera. After doing research he told me of a camera called Pentax Optio S6 that will be out soon (if not out already) the MRSP is $349..not bad.

It has the great Pentax lens quality and other important features thatmy friend and I arelooking for such as MPEG 4 movie recording @ 30 fps with motion stabilization and focus assist lamp. Great!

Yeah, I know the Casio Z750 has 7.2 MB compared with the Optio S6 6 MP but so what. I really don't need 7.2 MB anyway.

For your information, there are still no reviews anywhere that I know of--just news postings.

Just like my friend I thought of the Casio Z750 but forget it! The quality control problems and defects are not worth the hassle!

Pentax has always made great digital cameras with great lenses that produce very sharp pictures. In fact, Pentax lenses are so good Casio even uses them in some of their digital cameras.

What do you think? Goodbye everyone and have a great, happy, healthy, and safe week.

Your friend,

Sam:bye:

Hello fellow members;

Well, I decided to go against my initial inclination and I purchased the Casio Z-750 at J and R for $369 plus tax. And I must say it is great!!!! I was definitely wrong!!!

Ignore my initial comments. This Casio is great!!!

I also was able to do the firmware upgrade. It was a little tricky but I was successful. I recommend everyone doing it if you have an operating system that says 1.0.

One question I have. On the front of the camera where it says Exilim on the bottom left, on my camera the lettering is solid metal. But I noticed on some websites that sell the Casio Z-750 the word Exilim is in rainbow color. Am I crazy?? Am I seeing things?? Or is this for real? And if it is why?? Umm??? I wonder. Well anyway, the camera is great... trust me you won't be disappointed.....

sammynyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 2:40 AM   #19

Yes, the CASIO writing on the front IS metal, if you angle the camera into strong (indoor) lighting and move it around, you get that 'rainbow' effect. I must say, I too am happy with my Z750 purchase, I'm just trying to find the time and nice places to get photos.
Deanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 10, 2005, 10:23 AM   #20

Dear Deanis;

Thank you for the info. Good luck and enjoy your camera.

Sam
sammynyc is offline   Reply With Quote