Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Oct 3, 2005, 3:58 PM   #1

Hello All...you may remember me a while ago as the Casio Tech guy. I recently was fired for helping everyone out in these message boards.

To tell you a little about Casio...the tech support where I worked anyway is a poorly managed department at some penny pinching company call center called Protocol Marketing. Not only is the equipment poor...its also all out dated...we NEVER had a new camera...no matter what we might say. I was always requested to lie about constant problems. The Z750 Lens Error is a Casio problem and since I last knew...It hasn't been addressed at all.

Except for a select few of us there that knew what we were talking about and actually taught ourselves most of the stuff. The training is something I would expect from a fast food resturaunt. And you'll probably get hung up on most of the times you call because someone is too lazy to try and solve your problem. Mainly because you either seem stupid to them or they just don't want to work. Though i can't say I blame them since the pay falls very short of anything close to 10$/hr.

Oh and your warranty? You can plainly kiss it goodbye if you have a Lens Error or if you recieve a heat fracture in the LCD. Since its ONLY the camera that is covered.

I apologize for the ranting...but I felt you guys should really know that Casio doesn't care about you at all. Believe me or not...it doesn't matter...they just want to sell you a camera...they say screw good support, good products, and mostly screw what the consumer really wants.
OneTimer4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 4, 2005, 3:43 AM   #2

Pleased with our P 600 pics a bit cold sometimes ,but exposure / focus very very good 99 % of the time lovely to use ,, so many settings so easy toget great results, sorry you say a casio breaks there is poor suport but its taken over3000 shots so far with very high hit rates ,with no problems and superb results ,my best mate and drinking buddy who works in our local camera shop uk says in ther shop casio have fewer return problems than most and they sell more of them(other than canon cameras ), than other brands ,just my penny worth . also in every forum ive looked at the differnt brands all have faults and most tell of poor and Expensive repair costs .I would consider a new casio next time i want anouther camera also so many happy owners on this and other forums.my casio watch years old keeps perfect time by the way .:bye:
rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 4, 2005, 11:38 AM   #3

Hi,

I received great support from Casio here in Europe on many occasions.

They also listened to my product feedback. Once I needed a repair (I had dropped the camera) and it was repaired within a week for 23€ - nothing you can complain about.

I don´t know about the US - but my support experience here was great.

Regards - MacSass

MacSass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 17, 2005, 1:26 AM   #4

I'd have to say the CASIO support in Europe and Japan are far superior to the US. I have worked with CASIO for many years and I think the Japanese resent the US, or at least that's the impression I've gotten from the lack of support. Several years ago, Kioshi Date,the Japanese President of Casio Techno (repair and support division of CASIO)personally expressed seemingly sincere dedication to the US market, however Irarely saw the deeds to back the words.

The current President of CASIO is a stand-up guy. I believe he is dedicated to providing the best possible products and service to customers.

Skelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 19, 2005, 11:11 AM   #5

I wish i could say the same here in my country, the Philippines. There is really no CASIO service center here. Private distributors of CASIO digicams pose as repairshops here. What they do is here is they tell us that the parts needed should be imported, so there is a long waiting period. Otherwise, if you can't wait, they tell us that the price of the part is way beyond the price of the whole camera, which would definitely leave us with no choice but to shout invectives at them. Man, is there anyone from CASIO human enough to care?? And are the private disributors here accredited by CASIO? Why would they sell CASIO products here if they can't provide REAL customer support??!!?
Chito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2005, 5:36 AM   #6

I believe I am addressing this to "skelly"

I too have personally known Mr Kiyoshi Date for over 10 years. He retired from Casio Techno as managing director 2-3 years ago. You can't hold a retired person responsible for what the successors do.

Another aspect you have to keep in mind is that Casio USA is totally independent from all other divisions of Casio Japan.

The problems faced by most end users regardless of product are generally the same. Most have experiences that are direct result of the specific person one interacts with. It is entirely on the individual. One's experience will vary & sometimes even drastically from one occassions to other, so don't generalise & blame the company.

For an example just look at some of the reports on iPod Nano. Very expensive, breaks down frequently, warranty for only 1 year & unaffordable repair cost after 12 months. Not even good enough to be a paperweight!

pmshah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 5:09 PM   #7

Yo, onetimer4444: :-)Rejoice, they did you a favor, now you go out there and show them, aiming higher and applying your self to success. Best to you, friend.

Buying a camera. Looked at Casio EX-Z110. Specs look teriff! but what about these Casio displays that fall apart while sitting in the cradle?..or with a slight bump while in the soft bag? And did I hear lenses do too? Is any of that happening to the EX-Z110/120?

With all of the on-line digi-cam rating services (like Steves), there isan eons long, well, probably only 6 months, wait foruser feedback and for most of them to actually get a camera in hand and in lab and actuallywriting a report of their findings, soooo...what can you doto shedfurther light and knowledge on what you know about durability and function of Casio digicams? I am considering buying the EX-Z110 in particular.
dearwatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2005, 11:25 PM   #8

I had a Casio QV4000 a few years back. It took gorgeous pictures. It did mess up and need fixing. I took it apart once and fixed whatever it was that failed. Another time I had to send it in to a camera repair center that contracted out to Casio. They were fast and efficient. I guess it all depends where you get your service from. It sure sounds like you worked at a disgusting place. Thanks for passing on the data.
chuckmcguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2005, 8:52 AM   #9

OneTimer4444 wrote:
Quote:
"Hello All...you may remember me a while ago as the Casio Tech guy. I recently was fired for helping everyone out in these message boards.

To tell you a little about Casio...the tech support where I worked anyway is a poorly managed department at some penny pinching company call center called Protocol Marketing. Not only is the equipment poor...its also all out dated...we NEVER had a new camera...no matter what we might say. I was always requested to lie about constant problems. The Z750 Lens Error is a Casio problem and since I last knew...It hasn't been addressed at all.

Except for a select few of us there that knew what we were talking about and actually taught ourselves most of the stuff. The training is something I would expect from a fast food resturaunt. And you'll probably get hung up on most of the times you call because someone is too lazy to try and solve your problem. Mainly because you either seem stupid to them or they just don't want to work. Though i can't say I blame them since the pay falls very short of anything close to 10$/hr.

Oh and your warranty? You can plainly kiss it goodbye if you have a Lens Error or if you recieve a heat fracture in the LCD. Since its ONLY the camera that is covered.

I apologize for the ranting...but I felt you guys should really know that Casio doesn't care about you at all. Believe me or not...it doesn't matter...they just want to sell you a camera...they say screw good support, good products, and mostly screw what the consumer really wants."
Quote:
I agree with this guy. I did bought new Casio Z110. First unit I have have mis- aligned buttons on MENU DISPLAY. Second replaced unit now had problems with zoom gear. Third unit Dead pixel!! What is happenning with CASIO PRECISION??
msuwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2006, 8:41 PM   #10

Do you know how to open an exilim p505 CasioTech Guy?
timtak is offline   Reply With Quote