Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Dec 12, 2005, 8:58 PM   #11

I bought the z750mg about 10 days ago and noticed the same thing after reading your post. I went back to the store and found out that the two other units there were similarly flawed. Only the demo unit (silver)which I exchanged it for, did not have this problem. I wonder if this flaw is the cause of some of the lcd self-distruct cases mentioned in this forum.

Brainstorm wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

I noticed that every time when I switched to view picture mode, the lens will auto retract after a few seconds then I will see the centre of the LCD being pressed from the inside by the lens.... Is this normal? Please post if your z750experience this too? Or should I return to change another set?? :?Thanks.
casefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2006, 10:36 AM   #12

After getting a broken LCD (probably gonna order a LCD myself and do the repair: $150) I opened the camera up, and turned it on and off, and I can definitely say that when the lens comes in, either the momentum of the lens coming in or too much excess force of the motor that brings back the lens make the LCD pushed. In other words, when the lens comes in, it comes in about 2 mm more than where it rests when it's off (and it finally goes to "rest" position)
I wonder if this is the culprit for the slew of broken LCDs w/ this camera
danielsjang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 4:52 AM   #13

Brainstorm wrote:
Quote:
Or should I return to change another set?
I would return it and stay away from Casio!

"courtesy and service isn't offered"

amigaman is offline   Reply With Quote