Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Oct 28, 2005, 2:12 AM   #1

Well the z750mg hit the japanese market 9/16/2005

Does anyone know when we will have it here in US?
epion2985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 28, 2005, 11:19 PM   #2

Curious, what's different about it?
JethroXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2005, 2:21 AM   #3

I wouldnt know but I guess its the refined version of the z750. I think they got the "lense error" situation stabalized as to where the gears are more sturdy and wont come out of alignment to easy if lense telescoping or retraction is obstucted. Hopefully some improvements in the lense itself but I dought it. Maybe some added features and options. Its a new color, looks very nice. You can google for casio z750mg but everything you will get will be japan baised, you can use google to translate if you dont speek japanese. Selling for about 42,000yen ie ~$500 I belive.

I didnt really look in to it too much yet but my biggest hope if anything I hope they did something about the lense sensitivity to obstruction.
Old Oct 30, 2005, 2:38 AM   #4

Interesting, I took your advice, Googled EX-Z750MG, translated some of the Japanese pages, and basically came to the conclusion that the only difference, or at least the only difference they are mentioning, is that it is now Metallic Grey in color (thus the "MG" monikor in the model number).

If there were internal changes to deal with Lens Error issues, they probably aren't going to mention them anyway, because that would be admitting that the original was faulty, and it would open them up to a flood of returns, if not lawsuits.

I've been using my EX-Z750 for two days now, so far so good. I've taken the advice I've seen in this forum and disabled the "power on" function of the Play and Record buttons, as well as making sure that when I power off the camera, I rotate the mode dial to audio (the microphone icon) so that if it does get accidentally powered on, the lens won't extend. Also made sure the wife knows those rules too ;-)
Old Oct 30, 2005, 10:21 PM   #5

It would seem silly if they made a whole new model just to change the color. I would speculate they did something about the lense issue but my guess is as good as yours.

I agree, I dought they would admit the first one was faulty and admit the fix in the mg.

BTW:

I work at Wolf Camera and get to play with just about every camera

I took the z750 and tied to break it on purpose. I turned it on and help the lence with my hand from opening. It gave the lense error. I got a feel for how much it takes and its not alot.

However the interesting thing is, when it reset,a nd I turned it back on it went back to normal operation. I did not notice any focus issues.

One thing I did notice but I have no idea if that was there before I started trying to break it is this weird effect it gets every now and then. Basically you press the shutter button half way for it to focus and it focuses right. Well for some reason every now and then it will focus but it will also give the picture a blue tint. Now I dont kow if it is because of its metering system, maybe the light is hitting the sensors in a funny way or whatever the cause is but it hapens now and then. I can then focus on something else and it will go back to normal just like that.

So I dont know if that anomaly was caused by me trying to break the lense or just because every now and then the conditions are so that they cause the camera to adjust and focus and tint the picture in sertain way because its trying to compensate for something or what not but thats just something I noticed. Anyone ever had this before?
Old Oct 30, 2005, 11:24 PM   #6

Lol, I hope you offer a discount on that one when you sell it :lol:

As for the blue tinting, was that just on the preview screen, or did snapshots display the tinting as well?

oh, and BTW - one of the translated pages I read about the EX-Z750MG specifically mentioned that the whole purpose of the new model was to have the new case color, which the page described as being considered "more high-end" or "more luxurious" or something similar.

Old Oct 31, 2005, 1:21 AM   #7

wolf/ritz dont give discount on display models. They are cheap cheap fucks.

really just the color? thats pretty lame.

I still dont know. If they have fixed the lense issue they would say they screwed up previously. So they might not be saying alot.

I do like the new color alot. $70 more for it lol vs the z750. I want it!!

In any case it cant be worce then the z750 (theoreticaly if indeed it is the same camera in different coler as they are saying). But I guess we wont know untill we see some reviews here, but it might be a while.

:sad:
Old Oct 31, 2005, 2:52 AM   #8

I've noticed that under certain light condition, the AWB will adjust itselfand resulted ina slight blue tint effect, I have to manually adjust the white balancingto get it right. It only happen to me once when I'm at an indoor playground withfluorescent light (white) andspot lights. The AWB switched halfway during my video recording to the slight blue tint when I was moving around. Think its because of multi-lighting environment....

Epion, did you test it in a multi-lighting condition or just fluorescent or outdoor...?
Brainstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2005, 3:47 AM   #9

just fluorescent lights indoors at work (wolf camera )

I thought about it when it happen and decided that it was due to the weird light conditions the camera metered of and layed the blue tint.

Looks like I thought right

When it happen it was mostly shots pointing the camera down. Ie focusing on my hand with the black/navy carpet as back ground, the fluorescent lights hit my skin in a funny way and the blackish/navy blue carpet makes an interesting contrast, thats when it usually does the blue tint for me. I raise the camera and focus on a wall or something else and everything goes back to normal.
Old Oct 31, 2005, 10:53 AM   #10

Hmm... I went back to look at the video again, the AWB changed into the blue tint right after I film the bright blue colorportion of the playground against my son's face.....
Brainstorm is offline   Reply With Quote