Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Nov 2, 2005, 9:26 PM   #1

Just yesterday I sent my EX-Z750 to Casio for repair, I have been having problems since shortly after receiving the camera. As you probably know, the camera is supposed to be able to start up and take a picture in no time.Mine took at least 10 seconds before a picture would take.Although it was an annoying problem, I put up with itfor two months. Then about 4 days ago, the set button, display button, and zoom just stopped working. Has this happened to anyone else? I don't believe I did anything to the camera to cause this. The only thing that MIGHT of done it is that I used it at the beach and there was some sand blowing, but it was by no means "submerged" or anything. I kept it in a case zipped up unless I was taking a picture.

If anyone has had problems like this,I'd love to know, I'm wondering if I'm the only one.And also, if anyone is familiar with Casio Repair, how would you rate their service? Thanks for any responses. I still love my camera, but its definetly a love/hate relationship.

Bailey
bailxexb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 2, 2005, 10:17 PM   #2

I suppose weather or not the trip to the beach was a factor depends on if the "slowness" started before or after that trip. If it was slow before, chances are the sand at the beach had little to do with your problem.

Did the camera seem slow because it was stuggling to fully open, or did it open quickly but seem to pause while it was "thinking" about what to do next?

Slow opening would suggesting some mechanical issue with the lens, while pauses in operation suggest some problem with the circuitry like a cold solder joint or a bad capacitor.

Regardless, if it was like that from day one, it was very likely only a matter of time before it failed completely.
JethroXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 11:00 PM   #3

The slowness happened a while before the beach; I think the beach could only be a factor with the nonfuctioning buttons. It wasn't that the lens was slow in coming out, it was like it was "thinking" too long. The red light would blink for a prolonged period of time and I couldn't take a picture until it stopped blinking. Another weird thing about my camera was that when the lens was out,it wouldsound like clicking was coming from inside the lens case. I don't know, my camera seemed to have everything wrong with it. Thanks very much for your response, I greatly appreciate any insight on my camera problems.
bailxexb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 2, 2005, 11:41 PM   #4

Looks like you have a faulty set there. Should have exchange it the next day after purchase. Anyway, I'm sure Casio will repair it like new! Do let us know how is it afterthe repairs. Cheers.
Brainstorm is offline   Reply With Quote