Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Nov 11, 2005, 1:25 PM   #1

Well, I just read many reviews for the camera and overall pretty good. Especially, since it was rated Top 1 of digital cameras for PC Worlds Magazine.

My problem now is that, I just received it, I placed in the battery and memory card. Tried taking a close up picture, meaning 1-2 inches away from the object, and its pretty blurry. It seems to have no difference against my Canon Powershot A80. Is there something wrong I'm doing? I set the menus to 640x480 and the MF flower thingy and no flash. Please someone help me because I feel like I got ripped. LOL
nyczwillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 11, 2005, 5:03 PM   #2

There is HOPE!* So, let's give it a chance.*Can you look on the exif data and tell me the f/stop shutter speed combo?Was the green light solid when you pressed the shutter all the way down?Were you hand holding or using a tri-pod?I'll check back in later and see if we can narrow things down a bit.I HOPE the camera is not at fault here.* I read your frustration and empathize with you.*
hope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 11, 2005, 6:37 PM   #3

Thanks for answering, well I am holding the shoot button to try to focus it out before actually taking the picture. So it is lit green before taking. I am using my hands not a tripod. But I highly doubt its my hands that are making the picture quality bad since I am comparing my A80 with the z750. And what is the exif data and so on. I'm not really familiar with cameras just alittle.
Old Nov 11, 2005, 9:32 PM   #4

According tospecs the minimum macro range is 10 cm, about 4 inches.

http://exilim.casio.com/index.cfm?fu...f-51aaf90e09f5

If I am right then perhaps you should have researched a little more if you expected a 1 to 2 inch minimum macro capture distance....
buddy1065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2005, 1:39 AM   #5

yep, another friend of mine responded and showed me a really good review site. www.dpreview.com pointed out that the macro is very poor compared to other competitive digital cams. thanks guys
Old Nov 13, 2005, 2:33 PM   #6

With 7.2 MegaPixels it seems to me that you don't really need to get that close for a good macro.

Here is a link to a macro of a coin that I took with the Z750:

http://img351.imageshack.us/img351/834/quarter3ra.jpg

Hope this helps...

AtenSpro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 5:40 PM   #7

Z750 with a combination of reverse lenses trick can deliver unexpected results for this type of camera. Take a look at images and discussion here:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=15266734

odklizec is offline   Reply With Quote