Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Nov 15, 2005, 4:48 PM   #11

testcamera wrote:
Quote:
Hello

I was wondering if you knew any other sites that showed the shutter speed exposures, the link that you showed me just had one photo of the 60 second exposure and I wanted to look around and see if I could find any other ones for comparison bases.
I don't know of any other samples from the Z120 aside from mine at the moment, but since that is my site I can take another exposure for you at any speed and ISO that you want and put it up. I just wanted to try it on some stars since i'm interested in astronomy. I'm putting up the original size shots because so many times the only samples available are from shots that have been reduced in size and that makes it hard to really tell anything.
I'll add a more normal exposure of something at a few seconds.

I have seen a posting (somewhere!) where someone else mentioned the longer exposures on the Z120. The exposure lengths available are just like the Z750.

Bryan

brachiopod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 5:08 PM   #12

Here is 4 seconds at ISO 50 in manual mode. The camera was starting to have a hard time focusing on this and it kept focusing on the fireplace in the back. I used manual focus.; this is about the limit for auto focus.

http://dcexp.com/gallery/Optio60-Comparisons/CIMG0616
Old Nov 15, 2005, 8:05 PM   #13

Wow! CIMG0520 (at ISO 200) looks great! Where's the noise?!
shutterbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 9:40 PM   #14

The replies have been great and I will probably buy the Z120. Just one other question: is there a problem using the mpegs in a power point presentation? I heard the Z750 has some problems.

Thanks
spud50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2005, 11:43 PM   #15

spud50 wrote:
Quote:
The replies have been great and I will probably buy the Z120. Just one other question: is there a problem using the mpegs in a power point presentation? I heard the Z750 has some problems.

Thanks
I've got no idea about PP, but there is a short video on the site from the Z120 there and you could download it and try it in PP. I can post a longer video at higher compression if you need it. Probably just that all systems don't have the codec needed to play MPEG4, plus I've heard of some sound sync issues.
Old Dec 6, 2005, 9:10 AM   #16

I was looking hard at the Z500 before I discovered (on this forum) all the problems with "lens error". I like the features of the Z series, but I don't want to purchase a problem.

Does the Z120 use the same lens as the Z750? Does anyone know of any "lens error" problems with the Z120?

Thanks, Will
WilliWabbit is offline   Reply With Quote