Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Nov 16, 2005, 5:45 PM   #1

Someone mentioned the Z120 body is made of plastic not aluminum like the z750. Does this make the camera alot more "delicate?"
spud50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 16, 2005, 6:13 PM   #2

Looks land feels like all metal to me. Who said that it was plastic? The battery door is plastic and the doors over the ports are plastic.

brachiopod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 16, 2005, 6:53 PM   #3

Read something over the asian cnet posting. Thanks for the clarification.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 7:08 PM   #4

I think that the metal/plastic bits are the same as on the Z750. The "feel" is very high quality, you are holding all metal and it feels solid. One thing that I don't like to see is that it has a plastic tripod socket. I suppose that since the camera only weighs about 140gm that does not really matter.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 7:40 PM   #5

Checked the casio site (which I should have done in the first place, duh!) The body is stainless steel. Any recommendations in terms of where the best pricing is?

Thanks.
Old Nov 16, 2005, 7:51 PM   #6

Assuming that you are in the US, I got mine from Dell for $254+tax. I think that B&H has it for $269 at the moment. There may be cheaper places, but you want to avoid the super cheap rip off houses, check resellerratings when you buy. The Z110 is even cheaper, about $220, and it might be just as good, but I have not seen any images from it yet.
Old Nov 17, 2005, 7:00 PM   #7
Administrator

It is mostly aluminum with some plastic parts like battery door and etc. We just posted our Casio EX-Z120 first look and this is a very nice camera. We'll finish the review as soon as time permits, right now we are swamped with cameras to review before Christmas and are going as fast as we can.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 2, 2005, 9:07 AM   #8

Steve, I had been reading lot of your reviews and it does help a lot for me as a buying consumer. I'd like you to check on the quality of this camera particularlay this model. Because I had my camera replaced three times. First and common problem is alignment of MENU DISP buttons. Second unit had problem with zoomgear. Third I got dead pixel. I will have to return this unit again for replacement. I am aware about the lcd manufacturing process but a dead pixel is still a dead pixel. And quite an eyesore to me. Sorry for the bad comment for this camera. But still I want to have this model for when I finallyfound one without anydefects. its a good valuecamera though.Thanks...
msuwa is offline   Reply With Quote