Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Dec 26, 2005, 7:24 PM   #11

Yeh im having the same problem with my pc not recognizing my camera. Anyone got this fix?
ware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2005, 8:47 PM   #12

ware wrote:
Quote:
Yeh im having the same problem with my pc not recognizing my camera. Anyone got this fix?
I'm going to take a guess....

Push the end of the USB cable that goes in to the camera ALL the way in. It shouldn't be sticking out so that you can a piece of the metal connection, at first I was worried I was going to damage it because it didn't go in all the way, but it does need to be pushed in.
transnote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2005, 9:53 PM   #13

Thanks, it worked. I had to pushed the usb cable all the way into the camera until you hear a clicking sound. I thought it was connected before, but it wasn't. Thanks.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 10:52 PM   #14

ware wrote:
Quote:
Thanks, it worked. I had to pushed the usb cable all the way into the camera until you hear a clicking sound. I thought it was connected before, but it wasn't. Thanks.
You're welcome, it took me a few minutes to figure out as well as I didn't want to push too hard, but I'm guessing a lot of these other people are in the same boat.

Picked up the camera for $299cdn today and I'm happy
transnote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2005, 11:10 PM   #15

I paid $249.99 plus taxes, came out to about $284.00. Where did you get yours? Bought mine at futureshop. Had to line up for 45 mins at the cash register to pay. All in all i'm happy with my purchase. A great camera. Never would thought I buy a Casio digital camera, but then again never thought I would buy a samsung tv. hehe how time has changed.
Old Dec 26, 2005, 11:35 PM   #16

I bought mine at Futureshop too, and paid 287.49 which is 249.99 CAN + tax, I also had that push in USB problem at first as well, but eventually I did apply more force and my comp recognizes it.

Good thing it's backwards compatible with USB 1.x too

So far I am loving this camera, my first as well.:bye:
coldpower27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 2:02 PM   #17

This is my second camera, I haven't play with it that much, but so far, i'm very impress.
For the price that we paid, it's a great deal for a 7.2mp, and it's small enough to put it inside my pockets.
How long did you waited in line at futureshop? I waited 40 mins to get this camera.
Old Dec 28, 2005, 2:01 AM   #18

Yeah, I think I waited in the cash register line for about 40 - 45 min as well.
coldpower27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 12:12 PM   #19

I am pleased to see the USB issue has been resolved, I had the same problem with the camera connection on mine, you should not be able to see any of the metal connection sticking out of the camera.

I would like to share my experience of this camera with all. I purchased for my wife at Xmas for £149.00 Dixon's + fifty quid for case and 500gb memory card, the best purchase i have ever made. This camera is simply fantastic, compact, easy to use, and produces stunning photos under all conditions.
I also own a fuji 9500 and have tested both cameras out using a tripod, bearing in mind that the fuji costs 399.00 i have a hard job to find any differences in image quality between the two, in fact the Casio is better in auto mode.

I have postedone of the testimages,it wastaken late yesterday afternoon in very low light, i think you will agree that the camera performed fantastic. I am confident that all new Casio owners are going to have some serious fun with this camera.

Attached Images

Ady_pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 5:25 PM   #20

Great pic Andy. I have heard some people saying the pictures that our casio produces are not up to standard.
Beside that i'm very happy with my purchase, probably best purchase i've done in a while. Now i have to get a bigger SD card. A 512meg or 1gig should be sufficient.