Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Dec 13, 2005, 10:03 PM   #1

The v1.0.2 is out. Other than what Casio has stated, what are (if any) the problems/enhancements of the cam's features. Revive bs shot is stated at "Old Photo", what exactly does it do?
casefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 16, 2005, 8:20 PM   #2

Yah! I don't know either and I have been messing around with it a few times

It seems to me like another stupid Best Shot feature! The Best Shot feature

they need to add is Coupling Shot! It is on all other EX cameras but Z750.

I have this Best Shot feature on my EX-Z3, Casio's first zoom and to say the least

it's Great! It allows you to take a picture of someoneon the right side of the

frame and then you give the camera to that person and they aline you with

the superimposed image of themself on the leftside of the frameand wa la

one picture with the both of you in it! Awsome!. I have been emailing Casio

about this and was told under consideration.

Email Casio guys!

JohnnyJT :|

South Philly

johnnyjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2005, 2:33 AM   #3

The "Old Photo" best shot is useless. A "coupling" best shot would be much more useful and would add to the "fun factor" of the z750. Please listen up, CASIO!
Old Dec 27, 2005, 12:29 PM   #4

I just performed the update from firmware 1.01 to 1.02. Sure enough the only difference I see is the addition of the new Best Shot mode, Old Photo, which I can't even imagine anyone ever using. Seriously, who is going to take a picture of an old picture? If I were trying to restore an old picture, I'd scan it.

Anyway, the Firmware is over 6MB in size, so I'mwondering if they fixed some things "under the hood" and didn't tell us. I can't image that a single Best Shot mode wouldbe 6MB in size.
JethroXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2005, 11:11 PM   #5

Actually v1.01 firmware is also over 6MB in size....
Brainstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 1:55 AM   #6

Ok, then I guess that's all this really is, which seems kind of rediculous that they'd release a firmware with just one new bestshot mode and nothing else.

I never knew how big the 1.01 firmware was, as my EX-Z750 came with 1.01 factory installed.
JethroXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2005, 4:22 AM   #7

As the size of the firmware is over 6MB, I am inclined to believe that they are making changes/adjustments and not simply adding another best shot. To save face, Casio would definitely not reveal what they have changed or tried to correct in case it doesn't work out as intended.

Is there someone out there who could "open" the firmware update and determine what changes/adjustments were made/changed?

Write in to Casio and let them know we don't need that silly "Old Photo" bestshot. Instead , give us the "Coupling" bestshot.

JethroXP wrote:
Quote:
I just performed the update from firmware 1.01 to 1.02. Sure enough the only difference I see is the addition of the new Best Shot mode, Old Photo, which I can't even imagine anyone ever using. Seriously, who is going to take a picture of an old picture? If I were trying to restore an old picture, I'd scan it.

Anyway, the Firmware is over 6MB in size, so I'mwondering if they fixed some things "under the hood" and didn't tell us. I can't image that a single Best Shot mode wouldbe 6MB in size.
Old Jan 8, 2006, 10:31 AM   #8

The firmware 1.02 also improves the speed at which you can take another shot with flash after the first one. Previously, you had to wait until the flash was fully recycled to be able to press the shutter button down and take another flash shot. Pressing down before that resulted in nothing happening. Now, it does allow you to take a follow-on shot before full recycling is completed. Nice going.
slingshot is offline   Reply With Quote