Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Dec 17, 2005, 11:03 PM   #1

Okay, well i have the ex-z40, but i want something better and with more flexibility and better image quality. I have heard good reviews about the ex-z750 and have been looking at all the sample pics i can find of it.

Here are some things holding me back:

--Lens Error... should i worry about it?

--Is this camera going to be upstaged soon by an upcoming casio camera? like a next model or something? cuz i dont wanna get something knowing there is something greater right around the corner, cuz this was released this spring.

If uown this camera, please help me with this. Thanks:-)

grubrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 18, 2005, 5:46 PM   #2

please help?
Old Dec 19, 2005, 12:25 PM   #3

I've had a Z750 for most of the year with no problems, and I carry it everywhere with me. But I never activated the auto-on buttons and put the mode dial in audio record before putting it in my pocket or pouch. Lens errors are caused mostly by the lens trying to extend in a restricted space. Carrying it in audio record where the lens doesn't extend if the camera is accidentally switched on pretty much eliminates the possibility.

Some people have gotten lens errors by restricting the lens with their hands. But unless you restrict it very hard the error clears with an off/on cycle.

There is always something just around the corner. If not from Casio, somebody else might make a tiny camera with a large LCD, great manual controls, an optical viewfinder and maybe true mechanical image stabilization. The problem is that you can wait forever. I don't regret buying the Z750 and there still isn't anything on the market I would trade it for in a pocket camera. Sooner or later someone will make a camera I like better, but in the meantime I have a lot of great photos.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2005, 2:12 PM   #4

thanks! Thats the problem w/ tech- there is always something better right after i get it. I am surprised that its been out for a year, i thought it was just released. That makes it more of a risk that it will be upgraded soon.
Old Dec 19, 2005, 10:30 PM   #5

Development and research in the area of digital photography is moving forward very rapidly. There is always something new and sometimes better around the corner. You could spend the rest of your life waiting for the next better digicam or you could just seize the day/moment and make the most of it.
casefan is offline   Reply With Quote