Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jan 1, 2006, 4:38 AM   #1

Help me about wich one of these two cameras: z-120 or canon ixus 40 (knowing that canon only have 4 m). I want speed and easy to use.

thanks
jtouso is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2006, 6:55 AM   #2

Hi you will findsome further feedback from this thread
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...mp;forum_id=14

I would like to share my experience of this camera with all. I purchased for my wife at Xmas for £149.00 Dixon's + fifty quid for case and 500gb memory card, the best purchase i have ever made. This camera is simply fantastic, compact, easy to use, and produces stunning photos under all conditions.
I also own a fuji 9500 and have tested both cameras out using a tripod, bearing in mind that the fuji costs 399.00 i have a hard job to find any differences in image quality between the two, in fact the Casio is better in auto mode.

I have postedone of the testimages,it wastaken late yesterday afternoon in very low light, i think you will agree that the camera performed fantastic. I am confident that all new Casio owners are going to have some serious fun with this camera.

Attached Image (viewed 44 times):

Ady_pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:18 AM   #3

z120 is simply the best bang for your buck camera. Can't go wrong with a 7.2mp for $249.99 CDN. And it has all the nice features you need.
ware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2006, 6:23 PM   #4

Agree with Andy,

I alsobought my Z120 at Dixons for £150 and it is a great camera for its size and price.

Ialso have a minolta Z6(x12 zoom)and I ran some tests between them (at x3 zoom plus some cropping),I though that the Casio gave the better image.
norm smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 10:53 AM   #5

I got the z120 as a gift last week. excellent camera. i had my doubts at first as it's casio, and my vote's always been for canon and nikon. however, this camera rocks! great colour accuracy, very sharp, and extremely quick!
red-i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 3:14 PM   #6

Where did you see it for 249.99 CAD?

I see it for around 349 - 399 at the larger retail outlets Futureshop and the like
Lexiticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 10:35 PM   #7

it WAS on sale at futureshop during boxing week for 249 (that's where i got mine) but is not sold at regular price of 400. you can get it for slightly over 300 online (ebay, online stores etc..)

camera's awesome. here's a macro shot. the z120 is limited to 10cm or further for macro mode.. too bad it can't focus a tad closer, but i'm not really complaining.

Attached Images

Old Jan 6, 2006, 9:29 PM   #8

Ahh cool, Ya I Went ahead and bought one off of Ebay for 305$ CAD. Probably one of the Future Shop sale ones. But a good enough deal for me.

The 10cm Macro doesn't bother me because I have an Olympus C-5050, which can have an excellently small DOF, and close focus.

I wanted the Z-120 as a Carry on me everywhere camera, my 5050 is a bit too bulky for that.
Attached Images

Lexiticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2006, 12:13 PM   #9

good grab at 300

ah one more pic.. very small socket bit:

Attached Images