Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jan 1, 2006, 11:50 AM   #1

Hey guys,

Why does my video format say .avi on my comp when it's supposed to be .mpeg4?

I wanted to put a video on my psp since it only supports mpeg4 and surprise, thats what my camera records. But when i plug in my camera to the computer, it says .avi (i play my videos with creative mediasource).

Also, when recording video, there is alot of click noises because whenever i move my hand around on the camera while recording, the mic picks up- is anyone else having annoyances with that?

Thanks-

Danny
grubrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 2, 2006, 3:54 AM   #2

Hi, it is normal for the files to be name with .avi extension. Most of the other MPEG 4 video also have .avi extension. As for the click sound, avoid putting your finger on the shotting button unless you want to stop recording. The clicking sound is caused by that button as the mic is too near to it. Cheers.
Brainstorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2006, 5:54 PM   #3

hey, thanks- that solves the clicking problem- but i still dont understand mpeg4 versus .avi- i thought they were two different formats? So why can't i put it on my sony psp if its in mpeg-4?

hmm...
grubrrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 10:11 AM   #4

Actually in Mpeg4, there are a number of different settings.... I think you need to get all of them right in order to play it in your psp, unless psp can play multiple types of Mpeg 4 formats.... you can refer to the link below to have a feel on how to play a movie file on z750... forpsp it should be the same, just needto know which settings... cheers.

http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...400547#p400547
Brainstorm is offline   Reply With Quote