Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jan 3, 2006, 9:54 AM   #1

i have the z120 which takes 2 AA batteries. are there rechargeable lith ion batteries that I can get for it?
red-i is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2006, 9:21 PM   #2

Re: Recargeable batteries for the Z120..
I was given as a gift the Sanyo rechargeable AA NIMH batteries which are terrific
they are 2500mah. The set comes with 6 aa and 2 aaa batteries.
The first 2 I have in my Z120 have lasted about 300 shots with a lot of in between viewing in the camera.
you can charge 4 batteries at a time..I would highly recommend the Sanyo rechargeable battery set...As a matter of fact Casio recommends that same set in their booklets that came with the camera.
rsquiggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2006, 8:04 AM   #3

thanks for the reply. I do have a set of 2100mah duracell nimh batteries along wtih a 30 min charger. it's decent, butI know lith ion batteries last longer so I was just wondering if there's a lith ion pack that will fit in the z120. i think in the meantime I should invest in some decent 2500mah batteries as well though, as i dont' think the duracells are that great. after a few charges they are improving but I don't think i can get anywhere near 300 pics on a pair.

thanks again!
Old Jan 5, 2006, 2:03 PM   #4

First, there are no mainstream rechargable AA lithium batteries. Short reason; because lithium ion chemistry is 3 volts instead of the 1.5 volts needed for an AA battery. The 1.5V lithium cells that you can buy are a different chemistry and are not rechargable. Byt the time you get a voltage converter and charge control and safety circuit in there there isn't much room for the battery.

Second, none of the AA-like rechargable lithium packs will fit in the Z 120.

Third, I'd also say get some mainstream known good 2500mAH NiMH cells. I didn't realize how important getting mainstream cells was until I got a charger that could test them. ALL of the new Energizer or Duracell or RayOVac cells that I tested came out within 5% of the shown capacity. ALL of the third party cells that I tested (LaCrosse, iPower, etc. ) came out much lower, for example cells marked "2300" in big letters came out around 1600, cells marked 2000 came out at 1800, etc. even after multiple refresh cycles. Get some good name brand cells.

brachiopod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2006, 9:33 PM   #5

ah ok that answers my question.

the duracell quick charger i got (30min charge time) came with 4 2100mah duracell AAs. I've also got some others, like panasonic 2300 and power2000 2400mah. i'll see how those hold up. in the meantime perhaps i'll buy a set of good 2300 or 2400 nimh cells.