133x (21 MB/s read 15.5 MB/s write)
and
150X (22.5MB/sec read, 15MB/sec write)

Also does it work with 2gb cards? 4gb?

Thanks
epion2985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 11, 2006, 10:39 AM   #2

Is there anyone who knows the write speed of the z750?
casefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2006, 12:47 PM   #3

The camera will take a 2 Gig card but evidently not 4 Gigs. The limitation is in the file system.

I have read several posts by people who have successfully used off-brand super fast cards. If you are looking at name brand super fast cards I think they are a waste of money unless you have other uses for them. And you would be better off with a 66X Sandisk Ultra II than a 150X off-brand IMO. Once you have enough speed, reliability is the important factor.

I ran some tests with a Sandisk standard card I have in my Palm unit and compared speed against my Ultra II. Movies worked fine with the standard card but cycle times increased by around a second. That takes the Z750 from fairly fast to low average for cycle times these days.

Write speed for movies is around a half Mb/sec and for photos around 2Mb/sec based on cycle time. Sandisk doesn't rate their standard cards for speed, but the actual write speed is obviously less than what is required. And the 9Mb/sec write speed of the Ultra II is obviously more than the camera can use.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 1:33 AM   #4

slipe wrote:
Quote:
Write speed for movies is around a half Mb/sec and for photos around 2Mb/sec based on cycle time. Sandisk doesn't rate their standard cards for speed, but the actual write speed is obviously less than what is required. And the 9Mb/sec write speed of the Ultra II is obviously more than the camera can use.
The Kingston Elite Pro 50X 1gb sd card I am using has a write speed of 5Mb/sec and a read speed of 10Mb/sec. When used in the z750, is it an overkill since the z750 has a write speed of 0.5Mb/sec and 2Mb/sec for movies and photos respectively?
Old Jan 12, 2006, 4:01 AM   #5

casefan wrote:
Quote:
The Kingston Elite Pro 50X 1gb sd card I am using has a write speed of 5Mb/sec and a read speed of 10Mb/sec. When used in the z750, is it an overkill since the z750 has a write speed of 0.5Mb/sec and 2Mb/sec for movies and photos respectively?
It is better to have a little overkill than slow the camera. If there was a card with exactly a 2Mb/sec write speed I don't think anyone knows whether it might slow the camera a little. They might be a little optimistic on their ratings.

Your card is odd in that the read and write speeds are so different. Mine has a 10Mb/sec read and 9Mb/sec write. AndKingston's 50X is about halfway between the read and write speeds. Usually the X rating is based on the read speed and 50X is around 7.5 Mb/sec.
slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 2006, 4:22 AM   #6

You're right, slipe. The write speed of the Kingston Elite Pro 50x is 7.5Mb/sec and not 5Mb/sec.