Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jan 11, 2006, 12:32 AM   #1

K got a Z-120 new, and it was working fine, took some pics with no memory stick in (a whole 2 of them can fit at 7MP)

And voila everything seemed fine, Then i got my SD card
A Sandisk Ultra II 1 GB

Put it in, didn't bother formatting and just started taking pics, for the first 2 hours it was fine, took about 130 MB of pics and videos, Copied them to my computer, and then deleted them all on my camera took a few more.

now I was like oh time to reformat, so I used the in camera format thing, and i get "CARD ERROR"

So i'm like wtf, shut it off start it back up seems fine, didn't try reformatting again took about 3 more pictures, Then tried to reformat, CARD ERROR

Shut it down started it up, Deleted all the pics with its DELETE ALL function, Reformatted, Worked instantly

OK everything is fixed (so i thought) Tried to take a video when the video finished CARD ERROR

Tried to take a pic CARD ERROR, Try to view pics CARD ERROR

i'm like WTF, I heard of the lens error issues on the 750 due to high speed cards (Maybe) so i was like maybe its my card

SO i open up the card as a storage device in win XP, nothing on it 568 MB of 970 MB used! WTF, So i go Format card (through win XP) and seems to work then, Format could not be completed

now nothing seems to work on the SD card, sometimes I can take 2 pics, but when i try to view them CARD ERROR

Think its the SD card? or the camera? or the high speed nature of it?
I got it from a guy who got it from future shop, I have his future shop receipt too. bought on boxing day.

Will get my hands on a card reader tomorow, so i can test it external to the camera

Lexiticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 11, 2006, 12:34 AM   #2

2 things I forgot to note

When i take the SD card out the internal memory seems to work fine

BUT I also hear a SLIGHT clicking noise when it focus's from the lens (when using the SD just sometimes, it seems random), Doesn't seem to happen from the internal memory, Its VERY strange....
Old Jan 11, 2006, 5:07 PM   #3

Tested it a card reader it is indeed defective, Unable to do anything with it!

So its not the camera's fault whatso-ever