Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jan 12, 2006, 12:19 AM   #1

Hello, I have recently bought the Z750 (even with the lens error:roll and i have tried all night long (today will be a looooong day) to put The Rock (the movie starring Nicholas Cage and Sean Connery) from DVD into the 750 and after going through all the process that i read a few posts below i have come into a 1GB movie and that's not the supposed size :-(

I Have tried step by step without losing anything (as far as i know and understand)and the result is one night without sleeping and no movie into my z750 :'(

Can anyone that has made the thing for real (From DVD to Z750) post a comprehensive guide step by step (for dummies :lol writting and linking the exact programs (and exact steps in each program) and versions of them to the rest that are trying to do but don't get the desired result?

Thanks in advance

PS I'm from Spain, so sorry if my english isn't as good as yours, i hope that you understand what i wanted to tell ^_^* I'm very very interested in this because i have +100 movie DVD's and i want to have the posibility to see them on the run :-) You all have made my decision about this camera easier, because i was hesitating very much, but now that i have it in my hands....it's perfect.Thanks for this too.
vibayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2006, 10:45 AM   #2

Well it seems that i have found the way in dcresource (but only after i have an avi file, now i'm dealing with the rip DVD part)

1. Open VirtualDub 1.6.10. (or other version, because i have th 1.6.90 and it worked)Click open>file, and pick the movie. Next go to Video>Filters>Add>Resize. For the width and heights, choose: 320x180, filter mode> precise bicubic [A=0.75]. Check expand frame and letterbox image. Now for this part I thnk it matters what your source aspect ratio is. I chose 320x240 as mentioned earlier (because most of my stuf is widescreen). Click Ok.

2. Next go to video>compression, Pick Divx (make sure you have it installed) . I used 6.0 so it's a little different then 5.21 on the menu. I chose Portable Certification Profile (I'm sure any would work though). Then choose your Bitrate. I went with between 250 and 350. Tried a few and they all worked. Next tab is codec performance. Choose whatever you want. Keep in mind the space saved from an already compressed video is neglible. I tried balanced, fastest, and extreme quality; they all work. Next, make sure Bidirectional is off. Next tab is video. I don't think Video Resolution really matters since we already are using the VirtualDub filter. So just "keep resolution". Pick a level of noise reduction. I left all the rest to default.Click ok.

3. Audio>fullprocessing mode. Audio>compression Choose IMA ADPCM and only the one format is available for mp3 audio (your video). Choose it.

4.File>save as, and let 'er rip. What I would do is stop it after 1500 frames and test it out on your camera following the naming convention. It should work. Then file>save as again, and go eat some toast :>

If anyone can give me advice about the rip dvd part, it would be very welcomed

What i want is a program that i click make avi from dvd and it makes it :-)

Well, and just in case someone knows about an adaptor to use the z750 port with headphones, let us know!

vibayo is offline   Reply With Quote