Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jan 13, 2006, 4:09 PM   #1

Hello,

Just purchased a 7.2 Mp Z120. I intend to use movie mode and burst/continuous modes. AreSD cardsthat havewrite speeds greater than the write speed of the camera...useless or a waste of money?

the manual says use a card with a maximum write speed of at least 10Mb/s...whichI believe is around 66x

I was thinking of getting the ATP promax 150x 1Gb card..for $130 Cdn...5 year warranty.

could Z120 owners that make HQ movies or burst mode, let me know which cards (write speed) they are using and how well they are performing.

thanks so much

Paulford is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 13, 2006, 4:45 PM   #2

You may say that is useless if stick to Your camera- but this Z120 is using USB 2 connection and as I have experienced with my Z750 craddle dataflow- it makes a huge difference, not talking about my normal full 2GB download with separate card reader- up to 20 MB/s with 133x SandiskIII- and something subjective: recycle time with full qualty pics without flash ca. 2x faster than my old 1GB 66x Silicon Power SD... So only the price if any makes the difference!
Reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2006, 4:48 PM   #3

And BTW, all 2005+ Casios record MPEG4 flawless on any card (at least I suggest so as using sometimes nobrand 128MB card purchased in 2002- rated as 3 MB/s by SiSoft Sandra)- OK, I know that the rate is somewhat 4,4 Mbps but it works fine, no frame drops...

Best, JR

Reps is offline   Reply With Quote