Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jan 22, 2006, 5:44 AM   #1

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that I have just released version 2.0 of BestMan.

Besides the usual updates, like support for new Casio cameras (e.g. Exilim S600 and Z500) as well as some smaller bug fixes I have added a new module.
Album converter
This module allows it to convert any graphic files on your PC so that they can be shown again in the camera.
Background:
Casio uses a special JPG compression which usually prevents that pictures are shown by the camera after they have been processed on your PC.
BestMan allows converting them back to the Casio format and at the same time you can resize the pictures to better suit the camera display, in order to save valuable memory space.

That way you can always take your greatest pictures with you in the camera as a photo album – e.g. in the rarely used internal 9MB memory.
BestMan is available for download at the homepage listed below.

http://www.sassenfeld.de/software/bestman/bestman_e.html

Best regards and take great pictures – MacSass

PS: Support for Z110 / Z120 is next on the list ...
MacSass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 30, 2006, 1:54 PM   #2

Hi,

I just wanted to let you know that I have just released version 2.1.0 of my BESTSHOT Editor BestMan. The new version adds support for Casio Exilim Zoom Z110 and Z120.

Download is available on the homepagelisted above.

Best regards - MacSass

Old Feb 10, 2006, 5:14 PM   #3

Hello,

I just wanted to let you know that I have just released version 2.2.0 of my BESTSHOT editor, called BestMan.

Version 2.2.0 adds a smart import capability. This means BestMan now knows how to handle different BESTSHOT files formats during imports.

Background:
Current Casio cameras use two different versions of BESTSHOT files - version 2 and version 3. Both formats are not compatible with each other - meaning that for example you can´t use a BESTSHOT from a Z750 on a new Z120 camera.
The new version of BestMan allows you to import BESTSHOT scenes from other cameras, BestMan recognizes the format and automatically converts it to the format needed by your camera.

As always information and download at the BestMan Homepage at:
http://www.sassenfeld.de/software/be...bestman_e.html

Best regards - MacSass
Old Feb 10, 2006, 5:17 PM   #4

does this mean we can finally use the coupling best shot with cameras that didnt already support it, example z120? please say yes!!!!!!!
i really want to know if it could work?
mohsinaliuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 5:21 PM   #5

Hi,

I´m afraid it will never be possible to add coupling- or pre-shot to cameras that do not support that out of the box.

BestMan can only enable features that are in the firmware (sometimes hidden or not available through the menu), but the new cameras do lack the firmware routines for picture overlay - and those are needed for coupling- and pre-shot.

BestMan can only import those features from a BESTSHOT that are also supported by your camera.

Sorry, but this needs to be addressed by Casio - best regards - MacSass

Old Feb 26, 2006, 7:37 PM   #6

Hi,

I just updated to version 2.3.5 which improves smart import and fixes a problem with the parameters not saved correctly in the shareware version.

Download as always at the homepage:
http://www.sassenfeld.de/software/bestman/bestman_e.html

Best regards - MacSass