Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Mar 6, 2006, 1:24 PM   #11

Yep your right forUnited Statesetc, however if you look on european sites, they evade the question and some state 10 min limit on hq setting, us europeans will have to wait and see. Theres probably some legal mpeg4 issue in the europe, However not much of an issue with me as its got to take decent still photos beforei Look at the video side.

From http://www.exilim.co.uk/exilimzoom/exz850/flexible/

If you record movies with your EX-Z850, these are stored in high resolution at 30 frames per second with sound.* Thanks to MPEG4 this quality fits on to a tiny memory card – for movie clips full of entertainment and action. Sample film in its original size (only for Windows).

* You can record up to 10 minutes of film fun without interruption and then simply start a new recording.
SHEPPY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2006, 1:30 PM   #12

cantbeyou wrote:
Quote:
... I think that since the S600(I am leaning towards this one b/c it is readily available and pretty cheap at buy.com) has good video recording, I may need to have a faster card. ...
I thought the S600 took somereasonably unsharp pictures - based on sample pic from dcresource and steve's review (wanted to get 1,gave upfor that). Is that still true or has changed somehow?
khieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2006, 2:28 PM   #13

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...4/CIMG0005.jpg

Not great photos but picture of my cat above taken with s600 in full auto 6m

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e1...4/CIMG0114.jpg

And this one a similar one take with z750 in full auto 7.2m,

They do look better when they are resized, shouldnt off taken them at full mps

I quite like the s600s picture

Not cropped anything or changed,

Old Mar 8, 2006, 4:29 PM   #14

ei Nice :| I even like the one taken with the S600 better. Or maybe I just like the cat :lol:

Remark : 1st pic cat looks surprised
2nd pic don't think he / she found it funny :-)
khieo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2006, 8:39 PM   #15

well, from the cat pics, I think I like the s600picture more. Well, I was in a hurry to get a new camera for a snowboarding trip in Utah(well tomorrow is the last day of it), so I figure I may as well wait around for the z850 reviews to come out. I have just had to make do with the camera I have now (a Pentax 5mp, which isnt that great). I do not have any other trips or anything important coming up, except lots of work, so I may as well see what the 850 has to offer and who knows, the s600 may even drop more in price while I wait. Thanks for all the help
cantbeyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 9, 2006, 2:37 AM   #16

The s600 one was taken on slightly brighter day, I do think my cat was more happy on that day. However when you print them out, the s600 picture is bit orangy and the z750 is more defined. But the s600 stands it own, Ref z850 have a look on dpreview.com first review and pictures by a first buyer in norway, He confirms that his model has states in the manual 10 min limit on video hq.

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=17523793

Old Mar 10, 2006, 12:28 PM   #17
vj

I just checked out the S600 & Z850 today.

The Z850 provides a LOT of manual controls - too many for me (was feeling kinda lost).

there isnt too much of comparison between the S600 & Z850

S600 - small size, hassle-free P&S, great looks, mpeg 4 movies

Z850 - loads of manual controls, larger size, wont turn any heads.. dunno if this has mpeg4..
vj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 9:10 AM   #18

This stories about the soft S500 pictures, are a kind of myth, not real a myth cause it could happens without doubt. But if you you know the causes for this blury images, you can avoid them.

1. If you shot photos without flash, take care of the DSP. If this feature is starting to work it reduces the picturequalit! Photos with ISO 1600 are complete useless, and even with ISO 800 are very soft, because the S500 that I own increases the ISO and reduces the exposure time - for the price of a lot of noise, but the camera uses a filter to delete the noise, and also any shapness in the picture. So disable this "feature" to improve picturequality!

2. Use the displaymode with shown ISO, exposure time and so on. Every exposure time below 1/100 are tends to be blury, especially if the zoom is used, because this small camera needs a lot of light, and shaking could be happend very easy due the low weight.
Outside, on a cloudy day with 3x zoom it could allready happens that exposure time will be below 1/100.

On the other side, on a sunny day with 3x zoom you will get very sharp pictures.

I´m very pleased with my S500, but of course there are cameras out there with a better picturequality, but also with a bigger size.

khieo wrote:
Quote:
All sheppy said is true.

S500 - soft / washed / unfocused images (same goes for S600 as afaik)

Plz check the quality of pics either on Steve's reviews or at dcresource's reviews.
Abbuzze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2006, 9:37 AM   #19

Just saw that circuit city has the s600 on sale for 333 and the z600 for 264. I haven't seen any reviews for the z600, but this is a pretty good price, it seems, and you can even find coupons for % off or $ off at for circuit city.
Old Mar 12, 2006, 9:47 AM   #20

found a 10% off coupon for cameras on circuit city, so z600 is only $238 after sale and coupon! This is pretty tempting. Anyone know of any reviews about this camera?