Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Mar 12, 2006, 6:03 AM   #1

Can some one pl help? I bought a Casio Ex Z-750 after a lot of research on the net, in Feb 06 at a Cosco store. There after i had to move to Congo on assignment-well i was quite happy with the results till three days back, when it suddenly has started giving overexposed, grainy pictures with Horizontal lines. I have tried to rectify by resetting the camera to default settings, but no use. The problem is more pronounced outdoors, indoors slightly better. Has someone faced a problem like this or can some one suggest a remedy? I will find it difficult to send the camera for servicing from Africa, and i really want to use it here....so pl help.
mada(b?)tcasio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 12, 2006, 10:17 AM   #2

Could you link or post some sample photos without the EXIF stripped. It is hard to know what problems you are having without looking at the photos.

Other than upgrade the firmware and try a different memory card I can't come up with a suggestion offhand. I haven't heard of upgraded firmware fixing problems like that but it brings your default settings to something more near normal if you are still using firmware 1.00. The EXIF will also tell us that if you don't strip it.

If you use the freeware Irfanview to downsize the image for posting it has a little box that lets you keep the EXIF in the downsized image. Irfanview if free and a great little viewer. www.irfanview.com

This is the JPG save box from Irfanview:

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2006, 4:03 PM   #3

Hello Slipe! Thanks for the quick help. I am attaching a photograph in which the problem is very evident. I have downsized it in Irfanviewer the way you suggested. Hope it will throw a bit more light on the problem.

Thank You.
Attached Images

Old Mar 14, 2006, 8:47 PM   #4

Did you shoot that in snapshot mode at 7Mp? How large in Mb does the full image show on your computer with View > Details selected?

What that looks like is a 640 X 480 movie shot blown up. Or a single shot from the multi-continuous mode blown up.

If that is what you are getting at 7Mp in snapshot mode the camera has to go back for servicing.

Before you send it back hit the EX button on the lower left and make sure it isn't in VGA mode.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 24, 2006, 2:09 PM   #5

Thanks Slipe for the help..I have decided to return the camera to Costco. And maybe pick up the Z850. I checked out all that you told me but nothing worked..and the file size was about 5 mb. Upgraded the firmware to 1.02 also. Well thats the way the cookie crumbles.....could you guide on the better built, more robust and reliable models with more or less the same features as the Z750? How about the Canon SD 450 or 550...or the Sony T-7 or T-9...or the olympus cameras?

Thanks for all the Help.
Old Apr 30, 2006, 9:22 PM   #6

¬* ¬*I've got the same problem. I bought my EX-Z750 in December and just this weekend¬* the pictures developed the overexposed horizontal line syndrome. ¬* ¬*I'm still well under warranty, forutunately, so I'm preparing to mail it back to Casio service in NJ, so that they can either replace or repair it. I'm also wondering whether this camera is going to be robust enough at this point.¬* It has been very lightly used.¬*¬*I had an Olympus 5060 Wide Angle¬* previously, and fell prey to the problems (now well documented) which it had. In that case, the problems developed after the warranty period, so I had no luck getting Olympus to repair what seemed to be a well known defect.¬* ¬* ¬*¬* Did you get a new camera or stick with the repaired or replaced Casio?¬*¬*
horizontalines is offline   Reply With Quote