Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old May 5, 2006, 6:46 AM   #1

Hallo!

Has Casio EX Z-110 an option to show the date when the photo was taken.When I download the photos on my comp. there is no date.Canon,Sony and many other digicams can do that.

felixx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 5, 2006, 9:19 AM   #2

Sorry there's no option to do this on the cameras. it states this in the manual _
bwbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2006, 10:51 AM   #3

If you want the date printed on the face of the image you can use special software to put it there. Most cameras don't do that because most people don't want it there. I would consider it a negative feature because I would be afraid it would accidentally get engaged and ruin a batch of photos, requiring a lot of work in my photo editor. It happened once with a film camera and I was downright paranoid about constantly checking it wasn't on until I could replace the camera.

Your camera records data in a file called EXIF that downloads with the image to the computer. Many programs can read it directly to tell you not only the date the photo was taken but the settings you used. If you use Irfanview as a viewer you can go Image > Information > EXIF Info. Most viewers and editors let you do that. Go to help and search for EXIF in your viewer or editor.

You can have Windows Explorer show the date the photo was taken. Right click on the upper margin where the cursor is in the example and check the item you want displayed. View > List. Scroll to "More" and you get this display. "Date Created" is the date you downloaded it to the computer and "Date Taken" is the date you actually took the photo.

Attached Images

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2006, 3:21 AM   #4

Thanks slipe.Thanks bwbw.

I neded that option, but what can I do.I can use ASD See to insert creation date. A little more work, but it works fine.
felixx is offline   Reply With Quote