Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old May 9, 2006, 8:05 AM   #1

Can anyone help with this? I was using my QV-4000 when the batteries ran out of juice. I switched to mains power to complete my work but cannot now get the camera to resume shooting. Instead, I am being treated repeatedly to the frustrating error message "Lens Cap", (despite the fact that the lens capwas offthroughout.) I can select view mode (to look at the images already on the Microdrive) but the lens does not automatically retract as it normally would after a few moments in that mode nor, indeed, when I switch the camera off. The manual simply states that you get this message when you've leftthe cap on when trying to switchthe camera on.Any suggestions, please?
Justin Mypoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 9, 2006, 10:30 AM   #2
Administrator

It was probably getting ready to shut down and began retracting the lens and then ran out of power. With good batteries in it you could try pushing in on the lens as you turn it on, this sometimes works. Also try leaving it without batteries for a day and then put them in and turn it on - maybe it will cycle the lens...
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2006, 10:33 AM   #3

Thank you Steve for your suggestions. I will try them all and let you know how I get on!
Old May 10, 2006, 11:13 AM   #4

Success at last! (And what a relief!)

As it happens, I had to switch it on and off about a dozen times before I could persuade the lens to retract at all. Each time I switched it on yesterday, the motor would whirr away as before, and the lens would move in and out for a while, (as normal) but would finally end up in the 'out' position with the dreaded "Lens Cap" message appearing on the LCD screen. At first, I just couldn't bring myself to push it too hard when it was obvious that it really didn't want to retract. But when it finally decided that it would retract, there was actually little resistance to my gentle pushing. (Can't think why.) Anyway, after the first successful retraction of the lens, there was no immediate breakthrough. But when I eventually succeeded in getting it to retract for a second time - again with little resistance - I decided to leave it overnight (with no batteries installed).I switched it on again today and - so far - everything appears to be back to normal. Happy Days!

Thanks again, Steve, for the invaluable help with this. Much appreciated! (I've heard some horror stories about people trying to get decent after-sales service from Casio and I wasn't looking forward to having to go down that route!) NosireeBob!