Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old May 28, 2006, 7:33 AM   #1

Hi,
I'm interested in using the Casio Z-750 as a portable media player.

JPGS
1) Does anyone know how to convert any JPG to a format that the Casio Z-750 can show in TV-out mode? I've tried to transfer various images and photos from my old Canon G3 to the Z-750 but they can't be displayed. I'm guessing that the Z-750 looks for all sorts of Casio-specific EXIF data etc. and if they're missing, the images can't be shown. I'm kinda hoping there's a converter utility out there, so we could use the Z-750 as a portable Powerpoint/Slideshow player though. I'd love to hear from those of you who have given it a go.

VIDEOS
2) On a similar note, I'm interested in finding a way to convert any video to a format that can be played back by the Z-750. So far, I've managed to edit and render videos in exactly the same video/audio formats as the Z-750 records them in. I've then converted the FourCC ID back to M4SP (Mpeg4 Simple Profile) using AviC and double-checked that the information is identical to Z-750 videos using GSpot. The only difference appears to be the AVI header where the camera adds some custom info (manufacturer and camera type). If only this header info could be copied to any random video, we could turn the Z-750 into a very very small portable video player :-) I'll keep you posted on my progress but would like to hear from others who have tried to render videos which the Casio should be able to play.

Thanks!

Heikki
HeikkiLarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 28, 2006, 12:58 PM   #2

It turns out that someone recently managed to convert videos so they work on his Z-750. Here's how he did it:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=18318287

I still haven't found a way to get the Z-750 to display non-Casio JPGs though :idea:
Old May 28, 2006, 2:10 PM   #3

I might as well reply to my own post again...

Use BestMan to convert JPGs so they can be displayed on the Z-750:
http://www.sassenfeld.de/software/be...bestman_e.html

Note to self: Google first, then ask :?