Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jun 2, 2006, 9:11 AM   #1

Hello z750 owners,

Yesterday I received z750 from Dbuy, but got kind of confused by AC power cords I found in the box. I thought that since I live in the US the box, will contain only a "Plug-in Type" AC cord (as shown in the Casio supplied booklet). However, I found an adaptor AD-C52Galong with 2cords: onefor European outlets and another for the US outlets. Did you all got the same adaptors and cords?

Maybe it sounds strange, but I got suspicious as if I was sent an import model, because in order to charge the batteryI have to connect an AC power cord to the adaptor that connects to the camera's dock instead of one AC cord.

Also, since I also read that newer (with fixed lenses) z750 have mettalic color, is it possible that my camera is still an older version (or ever refurbished) because it has light silver color. I forgot the camera's code, but it does end with letter "F"

I didn't download z750 manual yet but is it the same 270 pages manual that I had downloaded from Casio's website?

Thanks for your answers.

PS. I'm still waiting for my 1GB card, but today I'll start testing on 64MB card (hopefully it fits).

Aida2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 2, 2006, 11:47 PM   #2

Mine plugs into a rectangular adapter which connects to the camera cradle. It is a US model as far as the warranty goes.

The gunmetal gray model is just a color option. The silver model is also current. It is like ordering a blue, orange or silver S600. You can check the firmware. If it is version 101 you have a camera that is current enough to not likely have lens errors.

I think the manual on the CD is the same as the one you get from the site. I never put the CD in the computer so that is just a guess. I always download the manual before purchasing a camera to check for surprises reviewers don't mention.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 4, 2006, 10:27 AM   #3

slipe wrote:
Quote:
You can check the firmware. If it is version 101 you have a camera that is current enough to not likely have lens errors.
Thank you, Slipe, for your response. I'm still very new in digital world, so could you please enlighten me what a "firmware" is. How can I check whether my camera has version 101?

Thanks

Old Jun 4, 2006, 11:07 AM   #4

Hold the menu button in while turning the camera on. It will report the firmware version. The latest is v1.02 but there aren't any significant improvements over v1.01 IMO.

Firmware is the instruction set for the camera. You can go to Casio support online to download the latest firmware and get instructions for installing it.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6, 2006, 1:15 PM   #5

Thanks, Slipe.

I checked and it's 1.01 version. I probably will not mess-up and will not download 1.02.

Today I'll have delivered my memory card. Should I just put in and use it or should I format first? Someone on dpreview.com said, that if the card works maybe it's just best to bypass formatting. Otherwise format on the camera (or other cases on the PC).