Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jun 21, 2006, 10:49 AM   #21

Looks great buddy1065, thanks! * *Those movies are directly from the 750 into the computer correct?* How did you get them so clear???* Is the video is better directly from the 750 to the computer vs going through the camcorder? * *Thanks again.
canes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2006, 12:35 PM   #22

The one about Jessica's class review was sent directly from the Z750 into my Canon GL2 camcorder where it was recorded onto DV. Next the DV was captured onto the computer and saved as asuitable formatfor internet use. I believe the rest are basically from the Z750 unless otherwise indicated. What you might consider though is that if the compressed internet video looks that good to you, imagine how the uncompressed DV should look; quite nearly as good as the origional MPEG4 from the Z750. But of course the Z750 footage looks better.

buddy1065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 21, 2006, 2:01 PM   #23

Thanks again buddy1065.* Did you run the 750 through the camcorder just to make it easier to work with (using the dv format vs mpeg-4)?* Is that the advantage?* Is it a pain to get the 750 footage into the computer, then onto DVD?* From what you've seen of the video from the 750 when viewed on TV, you really think it holds its own against a 1 chip camcorder?* I was looking at getting a small Canon S1 camcorder--is it necessary with this camera?* *
Old Jun 21, 2006, 5:18 PM   #24

If you have the Z750 yourself you would see the excellent quality of video from the cam when connected to a monitor and judge for yourself. Nevertheless this is an old cam; been around for awhile and looks like it is nearing the end of its production cycle. My link is probably over a year old. I converted to DV just as an experiment.

A camcorder has better optical zoom, stereo audio, so I suppose it depends on your own needs. I mean, I do weddings on the side so I have two Canon GL2 cams, but you may have a different agenda. To the ordinary observer I don't think they will detect much difference between the Z750 and a single chip camcorder when observing by an ordinary television IMHO. Editing the video may pose a problem though as I remember; there may be a loss of quality when editing this particular format, unless it is done in the cam itself. But I have not edited Z750 footage for awhile and there may be new software around. I have just not looked into it. I supose that is one of the reasons I chose to capture the Z750 footage onto DV as DV is a lossless format when it comes to editing. Once the footage is captured onto DV tape the editing process is all good, especially if you have a Powerbook with iMovie or Final Cut Express.
Old Jun 21, 2006, 6:48 PM   #25

Thanks buddy1065.* Yes, the 750 is on close-out most places, but it still seems to be popular.* I agree with you that if you're really serious about video, you should get a camcorder.* I am serious but I think right now I like the idea of portability with this camera and decent video.* Looking at your footage, it is extremely clear and great audio----I would be very happy with that quality from the camera.* I have an older version of iMovie (4.0.1).* *Do you think that is ok to work with?
Old Jun 22, 2006, 8:41 AM   #26

It appears I have been able to edit two scenes together in Quicktime on my site.

http://homepage.mac.com/bhardy3/iMovieTheater40.html

You may want to download the pool scene to find out if it is editable in iMovie.

http://homepage.mac.com/bhardy3/iMovieTheater41.html

Or go to the Casio site and download Z750 clips there and try to import and edit them in iMovie.

http://www.casio.com/products/Camera...ntent/Gallery/

I would be interested in your results, though I doubt if iMovie will let you import the Z750 MPEG4 format.

Old Jun 22, 2006, 2:23 PM   #27

Thanks agin buddy1065.* I think* iMovie 06 recognizes AVI files and can convert them into something readable.....I hope........Did you do any sort of visual editing (noise reduction, brightness, color) on those short clips from the 750? * *I'm still amazed at them.* Any other clips?**
Old Jun 30, 2006, 11:23 AM   #28

Hi everyone!* I'm wondering if someone can help me.* The movies I've recorded so far have recorded a loud, mechanical noise when the camera focuses in/out.* Is this common or is there a problem with the camera?* Is there any way to get rid of it?* Thanks
Old Jun 30, 2006, 2:56 PM   #29

Hi, why use autofocus (AF)- use pan focus (PF) instead- all in focus from some meters from lens- and no interference in audio... :-)

Best, JR

Reps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2006, 3:02 PM   #30

Greetings JR, thanks.* Yours makes the same noice?* I've tried that, it just seems sharper using auto-focus and using macro mode (which also switches to auto-focus)....I could do it as well using manual focus but I've got to be constantly focusing.* Sometimes I just like to set the camera down and record.* Do you find the same as* far as sharpness?