Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Jun 12, 2006, 7:24 AM   #1

hello!

i am just about to purchase a casio ex-z750 from ebay, and i have questions about the camera warranty. i live in sydney, australia and the camerahas a warranty that is valid in japan. i have contacted casio about the international warranty, and they stated that:

"for availing warranty in Australia, you should have ori ginal invoice and warranty card or tourist warranty card duly stamped byseller (name of the shop and date of purchase) with you."

for this, i contacted the seller of the camera on ebay, and he stated that the warranty was valid in japan. i asked if he would supply me with a reciept, and he said that a reciept would be supplied when i paid for the item with paypal.

my question is, is the paypal reciept a valid receipt for making a warranty claim, if i ever need to?

thank you for all yourhelp, this will help me decide whether to purchase the camera or not.

here is a link to the product

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI....%3AIT&rd=1

thank you,

dil
dilmah is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jun 15, 2006, 3:21 AM   #2

^bump.. i wana know as well.
omGARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 16, 2006, 1:18 AM   #3

lol. casio have asked me to send a copy of the paypal reciept and japanese warranty card to them, but im not sure what will happen. i will update when i recieve a reply
Old Jun 16, 2006, 6:00 PM   #4

so i take it that you already bought the digicam? well, ill be waiting with you for the casio response.
omGARY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 17, 2006, 4:21 AM   #5

temptation of getting it 300 dollars cheaper than usual. still awaiting a reply
Old Jun 17, 2006, 9:54 AM   #6

Hi dilmah.* I went through the same thing when looking at buying a Canon camcorder from Japan (I live in the US).* The company was a Japanese dealer and the warranty was only valid for one year in Japan.**There is a company called Mack (www.mackcam.com) who, as a third party, offers an extended WORLDWIDE warranty you may want to consider.* I'm sure there are others places as well--this is just one I've read about.**Hope this helps a little.
canes1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 18, 2006, 3:09 AM   #7

Thanks for the reply, thats a cool warranty service!

it costs an extra 120 dollars for the extended warranty, seems like a fair price. but i will wait for casio's reply first. will probably get the reply in two weeks.

thanks guys:?
Old Jul 5, 2006, 7:28 AM   #8

hello,

i was sceptical on recieving any warranty at all, so didnt send the documents until yesterday. in the mean time, i contacted casio australia and hagemeyer about the issue. they both stated that for making a claim in australia, i would require a proof of purchase and an international tourists warranty card. (ps kudos to casio for always having very quick replies). hagemeyer gave me a particularly explanitory reply:

Hi Dilshan

Thank you for your email.

Any camera purchased in Australia comes with full World wide warranty. This is because Australia takes part in the International Warranty system. Some countries do not, and some countries sell what in Australia we call "grey imports" (units which are much cheaper because their warranty may only be valid in the country of purchase). This is quite common with on-line purchases from Asian countries.

"There are 2 warranty documents. One is quite small (say the size of a coaster) and clearly states that this warranty is valid for the country of purchase only. The second one, is about postcard size, and has a list of countries alphabetically who are part of the International Warranty process. It also states that this warranty card is for countries outside of place of purchase.
This second warranty document is the one you must produce in order to have warranty cover here in Australia.
As well as this document you do need to provide a proof of purchase.
Without these documents we could not confirm you would have warranty cover should you ever need a repair for your camera.
"

upon this, i decided to send casio japan a scanned copy of the paypal reciept from ebay, and a scanned copy of the japanese warranty card as requested, just to see what would happen (it was actually a scan of every single document that came with the camera, as i could not read japanese and did not know which one the warranty card was).
kudos to casio again for a prompt reply!
in a completely unexpected email, casio japan stated:
"
Dear Customer,

Thank you for providing required information.

We will send a tourist warranty by air mail.

"

so, this means that i will have a warranty able to be claimed in australia!

hope this helps any prospective ebayer.

thanks

dil