Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Aug 9, 2006, 6:03 PM   #1

I purchased Casio EX Z750, everything is great until i want to watch my videos...on every single player (except VLC) the sound goes ahead of video. To me, if i spend $400 on a camera that can be viewed only in one player that by the way no one has or want to have(like sending videos to relatives etc) it is not worth it. And what about if i burn a DVD...certain DVD's might not read it correctly (since i have to burn it using Microsoft Media Player or Real Player. I did all updates i can (ActiveX 9.0 etc) and still crap.

What a major disappointment.
croatiatomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 9, 2006, 9:57 PM   #2

Since you already have VLC, try lowering the resolution of your video card. The reason is if your video resolution is too high then it takes a little longer time for the pictures to be reproduced so the sound is way ahead of the action.

digitizeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 9, 2006, 10:32 PM   #3

Have you confirmed that your relatives have the same problem with the Windows Media Player?

Your problem is probably computer specific. I think digitizme's suggestion is a good place to start. If you are using 32 bit color try 16 bit. If your audio syncs you know you have a video card limitation.

You could also try shutting down all programs while you try a video if you might be RAM limited.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 10, 2006, 11:41 AM   #4

I've done searches on the net and other people i know and every single person have this problem so i doubt it is PC related...Windows Media Player cannot read Casio movies correctly.
croatiatomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2006, 1:24 PM   #5
Administrator

I am running XP with SP2 and all current patches, the Casio movie AVI files play fine for me using Media Player 10. My machine is Pentium 4 / 3GHz, 2GB of RAM, NvidiaGForce 6600 video adapterand SATA 120MB hard drives. Just FYI.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 12, 2006, 4:19 PM   #6

Since you say every single person has the problem and the Windows Media Player doesn't work for Casio movies I suppose you didn't read my reply to your PM. My Z750 movies play perfectly on my Windows Media Player and have for over a year.

They have played fine on two different computers. I am currently using an E-Machines with a 2.6 Celeron while I rebuild my custom computer. I did grab a stick of RAM from my custom machine, but other than that it is the standard El Cheapo E-Machines computer. If it will play the movies anything should.

I have followed the Casio boards here and on other sites since I bought my camera and it doesn't appear to be the universal problem you make it out to be.

I'm guessing you haven't done any troubleshooting suggested. One thing that would be very easy to try would be to remove your memory card and make a short movie with the internal memory. If the sound syncs you can suspect the memory card. It is more likely to be the computer though.

slipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 15, 2006, 3:43 PM   #7

Same here. My Casio S600 works like a charm with windows media player.
digitizeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2006, 6:37 AM   #8

My casio movies (Exilim ex p505) work fine for me but, if I display them full screen size then the video does lag, because my computer can't keep up, not because there is anything wrong with the movie.

My guess is that there are a lot of people on the internet saying that there is lag because casio cameras take high resolution movies and a lot of people have computers that can't handle it, especially when reading directly from the flash memory.

Try copying the file to your hard disk first.

Tim
timtak is offline   Reply With Quote