Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old Aug 17, 2006, 9:47 AM   #1

I have had my Casio Exilim Z-850 for 2 months and now I have a black spot that meets all of the criteria for "dust on sensor."* I would like advise as to how to have this dust cleaned out of my camera.* I can't find any instructions on how to get in there and clean it, nor have I seen anyone offering such a cleaning service.What would you do in my situation?Thanks,Andrew
AChadeayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 17, 2006, 11:16 AM   #2

Must have been in the camera when you bought it. Call Casio Tech support. I wouldn't try to take it apart. you will void your warranty and might not be able to get it back together.
Good luck.

Mike
mikegg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 11:22 AM   #3

Mike,Thanks for the reply.* What makes you so sure that it was in there?* I had two months w/o it in my pictures and I'm worried that Casio might point this out to me.Thanks,Andrew
AChadeayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 11:50 AM   #4

I'm not sure, but how else would it get there? Seems like it was there someplace near the sensor and as the camera is moved around in regular use, it moved to where it is now. What have you got to lose by calling Casio? They will either fix it or not?
Or, you might call this repair place first: Some people on the dpreview.com Casio forum have used them.

http://www.*****************/qvproblems.html

Also, I would ask if anyone else on the dpreview casio forum has any experince with this problem and Casio support.

Good luck

Mike
Old Aug 17, 2006, 11:56 AM   #5

Heer is the link.

http://www.*****************
Old Aug 17, 2006, 2:40 PM   #6

Before you spend money, kindly tell us more about the "black spot." The black spot should affect the pictures you have taken.They should all appear blurry on the the site where the black spot is located. Is the black spot seen on the lcd too? Why black not hazy-cloudy distortion?
digitizeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 17, 2006, 5:59 PM   #7

Black spots means dead photosites which is probably more like a defective sensor. Grey spot is dust on the sensor. So I would probably be more inclined to return than clean.
digitizeme is offline   Reply With Quote