Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Casio

Old May 26, 2003, 8:05 AM   #1

Default EX-Z3 pre-shot question

How do I use the pre-shot function to record a background? Can someone help me out cos I cannot figure it out. I can record the background and then when I take the pic of myself to put into it, the background is not saved. I am missing something clearly here.
keevill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old May 28, 2003, 6:40 PM   #2

My understanding is that the 'pre-shot' mode is merely to COMPOSE a background so that you can then hand the camera to another person who uses the 'ghost' image from this shot to compose the actual shot (this time with you in it) the way you wished. The first image acts simply as a guide for the second shot which is the only one the camera actually records i.e. it is NOT a double exposure. (Personally I don't think this is a particularly useful feature - perhaps may help if you have a spouse who can't compose a decent photo of you!)
bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2003, 6:44 AM   #3

That's okay, bryan.

I never used this preshot, but the idea is not bad.
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2003, 11:01 PM   #4

Default pretty useless feature I Think...

I did consider that it could be such a 'pretty useless' feature but dismissed the idea as I rather hoped that it would actually do the job of superimposing a shot of a person onto a pre shot background such as a famous place or beach or something. Actually the manual does sort of imply that this can be done if you check the picture shown.
Shame it's not like that.
keevill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 30, 2003, 6:00 AM   #5

At first look I misinterpreted it also.

Did you ever give your camera to somebody ... terrible pictures ... 80% sky, cut off heads ... there is preshot a good idea.

Use "Coupling Shot" to get a picture with you and your girlfriend in front of Taj Mahal :-) .... and you don't need a tourist to take a picture - and runs away with your Casio :-|
DonalDuc is offline   Reply With Quote