Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Close-ups (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/close-ups-14/)
-   -   [Recovered Thread: 38944] (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/close-ups-14/%5Brecovered-thread-38944%5D-37729/)

photosbyvito Nov 12, 2004 12:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
hey guys!

well, my sister recieved some flowers the other day, and you know wat THAT means...

more photography subjects for the brother ;)

lol

here are some from tonight!

tonight, i focused on finding one good composition (in this case, one good composition per flower ;) ) and taking as many shots as necessary to get it perfect (or any good ;) lol)

well, wat do you think?

the wheat (is it wheat?) shot is pretty much wat i wanted, the ultra macro shot is wat i wanted (i'm not sure about the OOF parts though...) the orange flower isn't wat i was going for, exactly, but was a 'plan b' for the flower, and the rose was pretty much wat i wanted

:)

Vito

btw...you can see 'cat marks' on this rose...lol, my cat loves to eat plants...it's gonna get her in trouble some day....oh wait...it already has (ate the only hibiscus bloom we've had in weeks....lol)

photosbyvito Nov 12, 2004 12:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
neeeeext..

lol, this one looks REAAALLY good small....lol...and isn't too bad bigger...

enjoy :)

Vito

photosbyvito Nov 12, 2004 12:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
and a shot of wheat....i think it's wheat...

a strange addition to a vase...but, makes for a pretty cool picture!

Vito

photosbyvito Nov 12, 2004 12:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
and, last but not least...

the super-ultra-crazyclose macro!

lol, this flower is about the size of a babies breath...the single flowers are smaller i think...

enjoy :)

Vito

bradg Nov 12, 2004 6:40 PM

NICE!

the wheat one is my favorite, i like the lighting....

you are starting to scare me again, with your flowers....

did you get her the flowers? lmao

Brad

photosbyvito Nov 12, 2004 9:11 PM

lol, nope, her boyfriend did...

good idea though...it'd be a win-win situation ;)

lol, about the flowers..

two words...

texture, color...

:-)

Vito

WisconsinGirl Nov 13, 2004 10:16 PM

There is something very sensual about the rose, the way you offset it like that. Very nice!

Tom Overton Nov 14, 2004 10:37 AM

Hi Vito;

Great work on all shots. I love the saturation of the rose and am very taken with the composition of the wheat shot. I think I've said before that some shots are like a jazz solo; it takes a confident player to play those few exposed notes that really mean something. The beginner, (like me:O) tends to clutter everything up with every trick they know. They used to call this "trying to win the war in eight measures." Long intro there... your wheat shot is marvelous and spare; there's no question what is the tune here.

On "the super-ultra-crazyclose macro" shot, you might try it with the focused parts forward and the OOF back. Just a personal preference, though. (don't change it to suit me)

Great work, Vito!

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

photosbyvito Nov 14, 2004 2:36 PM

thanks for looking guys :)

i'm glad you like them!

hmm...back to front...i was told that by someone else a while back about a 'mum' shot i took...i had the dof back in the photo...

it's a good point, and i'll remember it....buuuut, i'll go both ways, and make sure i take both shots ;)

Vito

Tom Overton Nov 15, 2004 2:33 PM

photosbyvito wrote:
Quote:

hmm...back to front...i was told that by someone else a while back about a 'mum' shot i took...i had the dof back in the photo...

it's a good point, and i'll remember it....buuuut, i'll go both ways, and make sure i take both shots ;)

Vito
Good. Do it both ways... and keep the shot you like. My camera has no manual focus, so it almost always focuses on the nearest object, but on therare occasion I've locked the focus to try what you have, I have not been satisfied with the result.

Keep up the good work.

Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada