Steve's Digicams Forums

Steve's Digicams Forums (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/)
-   Close-ups (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/close-ups-14/)
-   -   Blowing in the wind (https://forums.steves-digicams.com/close-ups-14/blowing-wind-207361/)

WCKSer Jul 25, 2013 9:09 PM

Blowing in the wind
 
1 Attachment(s)
The wind was blowing. My EOS-M was having trouble tracking and most shots I took came out of focus. I was chasing the Hummingbird and the Hummingbird was chasing the Honey Suckle blossom. I wasn't sure the picture would turn out good but it did. This is my lucky shot for the day with a slow camera which is not really meant for this type of shooting.

Swheatpete Jul 26, 2013 12:38 AM

WoW - Marvelous..... Gotta love that!

WCKSer Jul 26, 2013 7:03 PM

Pete, thanks for viewing my picture!

TD Cole Jul 27, 2013 9:30 AM

WCKSer, I think you did a great job on a hard subject as they can be very hard to capture. I have them all over my yard and they frequently buzz my head when it's time to refill the feeders. Quite the characters they are. :)

Ozzie_Traveller Jul 27, 2013 5:17 PM

G'day mate

It might be a slow camera but the photo is a keeper - well done

Phil

WCKSer Jul 28, 2013 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wagaboo (Post 1353540)
WCKSer, I think you did a great job on a hard subject as they can be very hard to capture. I have them all over my yard and they frequently buzz my head when it's time to refill the feeders. Quite the characters they are. :)

Thanks for the comment! I had missed a lot of good opportunity in getting good shots that day if not for the EOS-M. This picture really made my day.

WCKSer Jul 28, 2013 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozzie_Traveller (Post 1353568)
G'day mate

It might be a slow camera but the photo is a keeper - well done

Phil

I am getting better at it and I am glad that I can come away with a shot like this. Thanks, Phil!

Bil Jul 28, 2013 7:49 PM

Fantastic shot. Sometimes skill, opportunity, and tenacity trump perfect equipment. And defeating the evil wind to get the shot should make it that much sweeter!

WCKSer Jul 28, 2013 9:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bil (Post 1353640)
Fantastic shot. Sometimes skill, opportunity, and tenacity trump perfect equipment. And defeating the evil wind to get the shot should make it that much sweeter!

Thanks, Bil! There is a big difference in tracking flying subjects between a camera with optical viewfinder and a mirrorless camera with no EVF. I got this camera so I can use my other Canon lenses on it besides the main reason that it is cheap and a cheap way to get a camera with a Digic 5 sensor. For indoors, it is great for available light shots without using a flash. This picture really gives me a lot of satisfaction because I did it by fighting against all odds.:)

lorenww Jul 30, 2013 10:50 AM

Great shot of a difficult subject.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 4:06 AM.